When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen SFSO Deep Dive Test

RobbieG

I just wanted everyone to know that I finally put my SFSO to the test as I wanted to see if the watch could survive a 6600ft emersion. I think it did. I would have posted a picture of the watch after the dive but I couldn't because I'm dead and my skull is crushed into the shape of a canoe...

OK, I got that out of my system. I always wanted to post something stupid like that ever since I learned of the depth rating of this watch. 6600ft. Sheesh.

over on TZ one guy did a test with his rolex seadweller i believe, on one the trips he submerged his rolex along with special camera down to 1000ft and it passed, his post had some pretty cool pictures.

how about this bad boy? Rolex Deep Sea, only a few were made in the 60's. 11,000 meters or 38,000 ft. It passed the test after it was strapped to the outside of a deep sea submarine. apparently it still holds the record for an automatic watch capable of being submerged to nearly 11,000m. Other than this watch, only a liquid-filled quartz's can survive at those depths.

talk about snorkeling. lol.

display39a6b079hz4.jpg

dsea29a6fcc1rj8.jpg

sciencesocietypicturelirr9.jpg

deepseaspecial9af7511dy7.jpg

Edited by mil_sub

• 2 weeks later...