When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Hublot Reps?

JosePR

Out of all the dealers i have not yet seen a single hublot, why is it that there are no reps on one of the best watches of the year(big bang) and popular, at least here. I see there is big big ressemblence with the audemars piguet, so i ask there,, who came first?

ohh and any thoughts about this place? expensive as hell, no legit watch description, crapp cronos and many are similar or identical watches as silixwatch, yet 150 bux more expensive

http://www.cool-watches.com/

83878-29819.jpg

Edited by JosePR

First up yes there are Hublot reps talk to Reg and Neil, are they good? well it's better if you decide.

As far as that cool watch site I haven't even clicked the linked because you told me all I need to know, too expensive <_<

Ken

Audemars Piguet.......and still the more desirable.....and the best....would you like me to explain why in one simple sentence....?

Edited by TTK

Audemars Piguet.......and still the more desirable.....and the best....would you like me to explain why in one simple sentence....?

I would, cos i really dont think the big bang is that great, especially compared to the AP royal oak offshore.

I did used to think that the BB was a nice watch, but when i saw the watch in the flesh i was dissapointed.

The computer aided pictures that Hublot put out make the watch look better than it really is in my opinion.

It's all about attention to detail......if you are going to produce a luxury watch......then you should do as AP did......make the screws / bolts that hold the bezel on....symmetrical......it would [censored] me off no end to pay thousands to look at all those higgedly piggedly screws on the BB......!

Yeah, I also found out that Hublot has "borrowed" the design of Big Bang from AP. Can't say anything about the details, I've never seen the genuines. but this gold version is still very attractive looking watch. Neil talked about the bezel screws. Do they bother you because they're tightened to "asymmetrical" positions?

84087-29761.jpg

In AP they're symmetrical:

84087-29762.jpg

But in Ebel they bezel screws are again asymmetrical. Wonder why the manufacturers do this? I don't think it's "sloppy finishing" in the watches of this price category... but the purpose is probably to give some kind of "artsy" impression?

84087-29763.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

Nothing 'artsy' about it....it's just sloppy finishing.....even the Ingeniuer.......if I'm paying for a luxury watch......I want symmetry....would you be happy if the indices were offset and sloppy....why shouldn't you be if the bezel is......that Hublot is a lot of money......when the designer put forward his drawings......if those 'screws' were as they are in the finished item.....he should have been fired....I mean....how difficult would it have been to ensure that each screws slot axis aligned with the appropriate indice.......or were even aligned on a horizontal or vertical axis.....!

Anyway....it's just a poor pretender to the Royal Oak....Gerald Genta's original design is a classic.....the Hublot unfortunately will NEVER attain that status......!

As for the Inegnieur....I wouldn't give it house-room......I'd rather poke my eye out with a red hot needle than look at that abortion.....!

Edited by TTK

It's all about attention to detail......if you are going to produce a luxury watch......then you should do as AP did......make the screws / bolts that hold the bezel on....symmetrical......it would [censored] me off no end to pay thousands to look at all those higgedly piggedly screws on the BB......!

You know, that's the first thing I saw on the full page ad for this watch in one of the trades. I thought If I were producing a high end watch with a techno look I'd be damn sure the slots in the screw heads all did the same thing or all had the same relationship to the dial. What an asymetrical mess!!!