When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does this SMP exist as a gen?

dabouncer72

Yes, that's the reference 2255.80.00: Seamaster Electric Blue.

om22558000.jpg

That Silix rep isn't very good though. The dial color is way off (among other things). Check the Omega guide (which is pinned on this forum), there are review links to much better replications.

Yes, that's the reference 2255.80.00: Seamaster Electric Blue.

om22558000.jpg

That Silix rep isn't very good though. The dial color is way off (among other things). Check the Omega guide (which is pinned on this forum), there are review links to much better replications.

thanks for the info, but is there a possibility that the crystal is causing the dial color to seem off?

also, does anyone know who is a reliable dealer of this watch nowadays? I can't seem to find it on many dealers

Edited by dabouncer72

You my friend are about 3 years late to this hobby - there used to be a closed factory edition of this watch that was good. This version does not match up - the dial is not very close in color at all. If you got lucky you could get this watch from sellers but you would pay about 60% of what a used gen would cost. I absolutely love this watch - I bought mine on jomashop - gray market about $1500.

Does anyone think whether this could be the closed factory or a good version of this watch?

http://www.ioffer.com/i/OMEGA-SEAMASTER-PRO-SS-BLUE-14914552

u can get the gen used from ebay for about 1000...ioffer reps are always questionable. 420 is WAAAY to much to pay for that rep. sometimes, gen pics are shown, but yes, members here have gotten correct He valve seamasters on Ioffer.

-bosk

Does anyone think whether this could be the closed factory or a good version of this watch?

http://www.ioffer.com/i/OMEGA-SEAMASTER-PRO-SS-BLUE-14914552

It looks like it might be. But for $420 it's way overpriced, you can pick up a used gen for just over $1000. I wouldn't go paying that much for a rep SMP.

While we're (sort of) on the subject of identifying Omega gens... can someone please tell me the model number of this one:

ddsmp.jpg

Thats the 2254.50. They look stunning on a Nato!