When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a good Sub

CJT74

Before you get lynched, let me throw you a bone as I did for another guy this morning James. There are no shortcuts to finding th ebest Sub or any other watch...

You have found a site with a wealth of watch information and watch experts, both for replicas and genuine watches, but as such there is no shortcut to the knowledge base here and you will get no respect from the members unless you earn the knowledge for yourself. Every site on the net has norms, and believe me, I'm not vouching for the ones here, but it is what it is. Every one of us has had to earn the knowledge for ourselves by using the search button. The wealth of info here is staggering. So start with a brand or watch you like and search away. You will quickly and efficiently find your way to the best and worst in its class.

Your question is valid but then again it isn't. There are just too many watches, versions, movements, factories, etc. Some of us who have been around for a while (read old in some cases!) have been around since 2006 and still haven't come close to figuring out your question. So sit back, relax and browze for hours. You will find what you seek. And the members will open up and be more friendly when they see that you have been around a while, "put in the work" and start asking more specific questions.

As and example, let's say you had already done some searching and decided that you might like to purchase a Breitling Skyland Avenger. You had learned that there were some different options and even two different versions available. If you were to then ask the membership which version they though was best I guarantee you that you would get some very specific, helpful and passionate answers. But they have to see that you know something about what you want first. So pull up a chair, start typing and welcome to RWG!

QUOTE (joint05 @ Sep 1 2008, 02:47 AM)

hello friends!

i looking for the best reps. the should not discriminate to gen. just prefect reps.

who know some?

Hi,

I was refered here and told I might be able to find a really good rep like in the link below. I don't mind paying well over the usual 300 dollar mark but I want the watch to be of good quality.

Thanks

James

http://www.rolex.com/en/collection/rolex-g...del=M16613-0015

PS...I know its a newbie rep but its the one I need.

Before you get lynched, let me throw you a bone as I did for another guy this morning James. There are no shortcuts to finding th ebest Sub or any other watch...

You have found a site with a wealth of watch information and watch experts, both for replicas and genuine watches, but as such there is no shortcut to the knowledge base here and you will get no respect from the members unless you earn the knowledge for yourself. Every site on the net has norms, and believe me, I'm not vouching for the ones here, but it is what it is. Every one of us has had to earn the knowledge for ourselves by using the search button. The wealth of info here is staggering. So start with a brand or watch you like and search away. You will quickly and efficiently find your way to the best and worst in its class.

Your question is valid but then again it isn't. There are just too many watches, versions, movements, factories, etc. Some of us who have been around for a while (read old in some cases!) have been around since 2006 and still haven't come close to figuring out your question. So sit back, relax and browze for hours. You will find what you seek. And the members will open up and be more friendly when they see that you have been around a while, "put in the work" and start asking more specific questions.

As and example, let's say you had already done some searching and decided that you might like to purchase a Breitling Skyland Avenger. You had learned that there were some different options and even two different versions available. If you were to then ask the membership which version they though was best I guarantee you that you would get some very specific, helpful and passionate answers. But they have to see that you know something about what you want first. So pull up a chair, start typing and welcome to RWG!

QUOTE (joint05 @ Sep 1 2008, 02:47 AM)

hello friends!

i looking for the best reps. the should not discriminate to gen. just prefect reps.

who know some?

Thanks for the tip, and I have done a few days of research, just not on this site. I came accross Rep Watch Guide first and was refered here by a member there. I know exactly what I want, but don't know much about Reps. I have a genuine all SS sub but have been wanting the 2 tone for a while but I don't want to spend the 7K just yet so I wanted to get my feet wet with a rep.

Here is what I am looking for....the watch to look and feel as authentic as possible. That means the second hand must move correctly, I know that will be a swiss movement. The size (40mm) must be accruate, the weight muct be close to accurate, the crown must be accurate. At least to the naked eye.

I am not at all expecting Rolex quality but I want Rolex asthetics. But at the same time I want to be able to use the watch for a few years until I am ready to add another gen Rolex to my collection.

Well you will still have to do research on this site as well. Search the dealer forums & find a few you like and ask them what versions they sell. They will send you links to Photobucket albums, etc. where you can compare pictures of the watches. By searching you will also find posts from members and reviews and you can use those to compare to pictures of the genuine watch on your own. Most dealers should be able to source any and all viable versions of TT Subs. I'm not sure but there are probably only two versions or so worth considering and they will each hae their own but different flaws. You also might ask one of the modder/dealers like BK what he thinks or maybe someone will chime in here.

FYI though, without real gold the weight won't be accurate - although with hollow center links the TT Subs aren't really so heavy to begin with. All the case sizes and second hand sweeping will be accurate from any dealer here. Even the cheper Asian movements are fine. That is just standard automatic mechanic movement stuff. There will be ETA versions of the watches as well - although some of the ETA's latey have been found to be counterfeits of ETA movements. They will still be of higher quality than the cheaper Asian movements though. The crowns will vary but are all probably close enough for what you are looking for. Some Rolex reps will even accept genuine parts.

Thanks for the tip, and I have done a few days of research, just not on this site. I came accross Rep Watch Guide first and was refered here by a member there. I know exactly what I want, but don't know much about Reps. I have a genuine all SS sub but have been wanting the 2 tone for a while but I don't want to spend the 7K just yet so I wanted to get my feet wet with a rep.

Here is what I am looking for....the watch to look and feel as authentic as possible. That means the second hand must move correctly, I know that will be a swiss movement. The size (40mm) must be accruate, the weight muct be close to accurate, the crown must be accurate. At least to the naked eye.

I am not at all expecting Rolex quality but I want Rolex asthetics. But at the same time I want to be able to use the watch for a few years until I am ready to add another gen Rolex to my collection.

You also might ask one of the modder/dealers like BK what he thinks or maybe someone will chime in here.

FYI though, without real gold the weight won't be accurate - although with hollow center links the TT Subs aren't really so heavy to begin with. All the case sizes and second hand sweeping will be accurate from any dealer here. Even the cheper Asian movements are fine. That is just standard automatic mechanic movement stuff. There will be ETA versions of the watches as well - although some of the ETA's latey have been found to be counterfeits of ETA movements. They will still be of higher quality than the cheaper Asian movements though. The crowns will vary but are all probably close enough for what you are looking for. Some Rolex reps will even accept genuine parts.

Thats pretty much all I'm looking for, and "BK" was the person I was told to contact. Hopefully he will chime in and point me in the right direction.

As to the weight, I know....my genuine all SS sub isn't that heavy. I can tell the case and guts are most of the weight, and I know my SS sub to be 100% genuine. I know a genuine 2 tone would weight much more because of the weight of the gold. I will buy the read deal one day but with a baby on the way I just can't do it right now.

Thanks

James

Thats pretty much all I'm looking for, and "BK" was the person I was told to contact. Hopefully he will chime in and point me in the right direction.

As to the weight, I know....my genuine all SS sub isn't that heavy. I can tell the case and guts are most of the weight, and I know my SS sub to be 100% genuine. I know a genuine 2 tone would weight much more because of the weight of the gold. I will buy the read deal one day but with a baby on the way I just can't do it right now.

Thanks

James

RobbieG is correct it seems like you need to do some more research. This is the only way you can limit the chances of you getting ripped off (limit). You mentioned weight, you need to research bracelet constructions hint - hollow or solid and you will understand the weight issue. All the info you need is here you just have to search and people will help you along the way. If you have a gen use it as a comparison to look at every inch of the rep you look at, every inch. You will be surprised at the many small problem on bad watches as to the one or two on good ones.

If you want a good sub your best options are probably to get it either from BK (BKmariner) or from EuroTimez (Euromariner) - these are two good watches, each with it's own strengths. They will both have gen ETA's if that is what you want.

Robbie is right that some people will give you are hard time and make snide comments about using the search button and it sounds like you have already done that. But if people make smart ass comments, don't worry about it - if they don't want to help, they don't have to. Some people just get off on chewing out new members. It takes less time to ignore a post than to make a sarcastic reply, but there is never any shortage of those people.

Anyway, search those two watches. There is a good review here of the Euromariner by a member named Tribal, and for BK, he has a section here though he has a greater presence on a forum called Repgeek.com - you can join there too and see his section. It is more complicated to order from him but his watches are already modified and consequently, VERY closely inspected. EuroTimez's Euromariner is considered a better rep by some, but has not been modified and may be a little more expensive (definitely more expensive if you factor in modifications).

Good luck.

Don't forget to go to Bytors watch reviews section and check out the Noob version he reviewed from Chris (Eurotimez). I think it is the same version that BK sells pre-modded though. The watch is from the Noobfactory which is known to make one of the best out of the box Subs ever. Happy hunting.

Don't forget to go to Bytors watch reviews section and check out the Noob version he reviewed from Chris (Eurotimez). I think it is the same version that BK sells pre-modded though. The watch is from the Noobfactory which is known to make one of the best out of the box Subs ever. Happy hunting.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is "noobfactory"?

I have been wanting to check out Eurotimez but I can't seem to get the website to open. Tried numorus times but ni dice.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is "noobfactory"?

I have been wanting to check out Eurotimez but I can't seem to get the website to open. Tried numorus times but ni dice.

A couple years ago, one vendor known as TTK offered a Submariner as an entry-level model for a lower price. It was called the "Noobmariner" since it was a good model for a "Noob" to the hobby to get because of its price. It turns out that this model of rep Submariner is one of the best the hobby has seen due to its fantastic dial printing and date wheel as well as other various attributes. However, it is still a rep and has its shortcommings, but has helped many others build better Submariner projects by mixing better made Sub cases with the Noob's dial and date wheel.

The factory that makes this rep is also known for making many other top notch reps of other watch brands, and since the "Noobmariner" name stuck, everything that comes from this factory is reffered to as comming from the "Noobfactory".

Noobfactory reps are available from many different vendors here. The vendor mentioned above (TTK) is no longer in operation here as many folks had problems dealing with him, so do your due dilligence and be cautions.

Happy hunting B)

A couple years ago, one vendor known as TTK offered a Submariner as an entry-level model for a lower price. It was called the "Noobmariner" since it was a good model for a "Noob" to the hobby to get because of its price. It turns out that this model of rep Submariner is one of the best the hobby has seen due to its fantastic dial printing and date wheel as well as other various attributes. However, it is still a rep and has its shortcommings, but has helped many others build better Submariner projects by mixing better made Sub cases with the Noob's dial and date wheel.

The factory that makes this rep is also known for making many other top notch reps of other watch brands, and since the "Noobmariner" name stuck, everything that comes from this factory is reffered to as comming from the "Noobfactory".

Noobfactory reps are available from many different vendors here. The vendor mentioned above (TTK) is no longer in operation here as many folks had problems dealing with him, so do your due dilligence and be cautions.

Happy hunting B)

Got it, thanks.