When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Breitling is most accurate and reliable?

grisgris8

I am torn between the bentley and the navitimer but need to know which one more of you feel is accurately cosmetically and has a better movement also can they both be swapped out with a swiss eta? Alas I am also wanting the white face one but have heard the colors are not the same as oem and that the white peels? What color face is best for longevity and accuracy?

Thanks, I read through so many posts I got conufedfinally so a simple summary would be great. Thanks

Both use asian 7750 - the bentley GT is fairly new and uses the 28800bhp asian 7750 version with day-date, not the altered 7750 to make it a 3,6,9 chrono, 7753 that in my eyes is perhaps a bit more fragile.

As for cosmetic accuracy:

THe white is off on the bentley because subdial should be grey/silver and the aren't, black, red, blue look good to me but I'm no Breitling expert...

Any more opinions?

Both use asian 7750 - the bentley GT is fairly new and uses the 28800bhp asian 7750 version with day-date, not the altered 7750 to make it a 3,6,9 chrono, 7753 that in my eyes is perhaps a bit more fragile.

As for cosmetic accuracy:

THe white is off on the bentley because subdial should be grey/silver and the aren't, black, red, blue look good to me but I'm no Breitling expert...

Dude these are reps, not genuines...the Bentleys look awesome and are 20 times cheaper then the real deal...a must have IMO. Also they are basically function the same as a Navitimer, but just say Bentley on the dial??

Edited by CY0811

I know they're reps. And as far as reps go, the Navitimer bears out all but the most serious scruitiny. It is a great rep.

Per the Bently, it too is a great rep, but suffers from being a great rep but a bad Breitling.

Case 1) Breitling fan to rep Breitling Navitimer owner: a) Called out (very unlikely) B) complimented on watch.

Case 2) Non-Breitling fan to rep Breitling Navitimer owner: Always "Nice watch".

Case 3) Breitling fan to rep Breitling Bently owner: a) Called out (very unlikley) B) the guy says "Ah that's the Bently" (meaning, "Ah, that's the Breitling abominiation").

Case 4) Bently fan to rep Breitling Bently owner: "Wow, great watch! Sure I drove a Honda Civic here, but that's just because my Bently is in the shop. Great car the Bently. You know what would look snazy in that watch? A diamond. I put a big diamond in my Honda.. Well, okay, only a zircon.. But I don't want it to get stolen. You know how people are these days".

The Bently rep is a great watch. The Navitimer rep is a great watch. But Breitling fans don't wear Bently's.

Jon

I have to agree that the most rep'd canal street Breitling is the Bentley.....I also agree that Breitling is sorta selling out to a certain extent, since they are known for aviation and not auto; however with the big watch craze and the footage of Paris Hilton in her GT every 5 minutes on E television....they could not have asked for a better time to introduce this as a selling point to further their brand. Buying the rep for me is a no brainer even though I only drive a SL... we all know Bentley is a VW now anyway...lol

I want to see some better pics of the white GT....so far I have seen the Blue GT in person and it is amazing.

The white should hide the rehaut and after holding the genuine white in my hands yesterday, the subdials should be OK...I just want to see how the dial shines in a high quality real life pic.

• 2 weeks later...

Buy the Navitimer with the original 7750 dial layout. Then you can change the movement for a genuine ETA 7750 without any hassle, if the Asian movement fails. You can also fit a genuine dial as there are lots available on Ebay. Then you will have the most accurate Breitling rep, particulrly if you get a genuine dial in a style that has not been rep'd.

Agreed. Try to source the 12-9-6 version without the "Fighter" theme. I know they're available. I love my Navi, but it's not extremely accurate. It'd need a brushed case and new dial and datewheel (those subdials should be white).

Another option is just to buy the dial and brush the case yourself. Those "flaws" don't bother me at all... personally, but if you're looking for extreme accuracy it's the best option:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=3392

Agreed. Try to source the 12-9-6 version without the "Fighter" theme. I know they're available. I love my Navi, but it's not extremely accurate. It'd need a brushed case and new dial and datewheel (those subdials should be white).

I've been looking for a 7750 (as opposed to 7753) 12-9-6 layout white-faced standard-looking Navitimer with an Asian 7750@28 for a while. If anyone sees one, give me a shout. :D

I've been looking for a 7750 (as opposed to 7753) 12-9-6 layout white-faced standard-looking Navitimer with an Asian 7750@28 for a while. If anyone sees one, give me a shout. :D

Same thing here. If anyone knows of a dealer selling the Navi in 12-9-6 layout but without the "serie special" theme (especially without that meserchmidt98948!%$#@ caseback), would you post the info? I've been looking for something like that on our dealers' websites, but haven't found one.

This is exactly what I am searching for also i.e. the 7750 (12, 9, 6) layout without the 'fighter' style caseback. I have contacted all the usual dealers but no luck so far. I have a Swiss 7750 movement and a gen dial waiting for the right watch. If anyone knows where we can source one of these please let us know.

Actually I was wrong...did a bit of searching in the old RWG. All 12-9-6 based 7750 Navis apparently come with the "Fighter's Theme". You can buy another (maybe nonworking) 3-6-9 based standard rep, swap the casebacks and buy a gen dial.

Perhaps an option to consider?

As far as accuracy goes, I would say the Bentley GT is the most accurate. The outer ring that turns with the bezel is slightly too thick/wide, and the 'swilzerland' engraving on the back. In most photos I've seen, these flaws are very hard to see!

The navitimer with dials at 3,6,9; the date window is too small, and the date wheel is too low. However the rest of the watch is amazing, and would be very unlikely to be 'called out'

The serie special, the date wndow is slightly too small again, and sometimes the sub dials look as if they are raised which put me off. Also it is meant to be a brushed finish, not polished stainless steel.

My personal preference for accuracy would be the Bentley GT. However, the watch I would actually buy would be the navitimer with subdials at 3,6,9 from joshua.

The Bentley GT is an amazing replica. And as far as it being the hottest thing on Canal street, when they make an equally amazing LV or SD or SUB, I'll buy those up greedly too dispite their ubiquitous replica status. The uncrossed t on the replica is understandable, it is almost invisible and the t in Switzerland on the genuine looks uncrossed. I have asked several other watch nuts what they think about this flaw and on first inspection of the caseback, they usually say the t is crossed. The rehaut depth is a minor issue and disappears on the white dial version. I'm not quite sure how the color wheel works, but I switched out the metal bracelet for a "crema" colored, croc grained, BOB strap and that particular color makes the dial "pop". The contrasts in color between the slide rule inner bezel, dial and sub dials are much more apparent with this color strap. The dial is silvery white to the bezel's eggshell color and the subdials are greyer than the dial and more silvered. The "Certified Chronometer" that follows the perimeter of the hour counter subdial is much more noticeable. This replica even has a tiny engraved "B" on the outside of the bezel. I don't know if this is a trademark of all Breitlings with the metal bezel, but it is an impressive detail. Most of all, the new 7750 is amazingly smooth. I love the sound of this watch in a dead quiet room. The high frequency movement sounds first class.

As for "not fitting the profile of a typical Breitling buyer" by getting the Bentley GT, what's your point? I imagine they do sell a few of these things. It would take someone with either tremendous knowlege of the replica vs genuine nuances to recognize this as a rep, or tremendous balls and gall to call it out based on purchase profiling. I know how to stare down the latter and have a laugh with the former.

Of the differant coloured Bentley GT's ..... would you say the white dial is the one to get ??

If the slightly wider inner bezel ring would be an object of your "replica flaw" obsession, then I would say yes. The flaw is more prevalent, I won't say obvious, on darker dial models, in pictures any way. I'm also dead serious in my recomendation of the light colored strap as an accessory. It picks up the color of the lume on the markers and hands, and my wife who, is a natural QC expert in most things, was blown away by the dramatic improvement in overall appearance over the steel bracelet and the dark brown strap I originally bought for it.