When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The winner, and new Heavyweight Champion is........

Breitling Bentley GT .......209 grams

Omega Speedmaster BroadArrow........188 grams

Rolex Submariner.........135 grams

As for comments about the GT white having the wrong color subdials, the genuine dials are not as silvery grey as photographs of watches on ebay and other sites appear. Although the subdials on the replica could be just a shade greyer, they are silvery in appearance and have a MOP appearance to them in contrast to the white of the main dial.

Check out the photo of the $5000+ white dial GT on this page to see a more accurate representation of the subdial color on the genuine. The replica is much closer than some have indicated.

http://www.collectorstime.com/other_AD.htm

As for comments about the GT white having the wrong color subdials, the genuine dials are not as silvery grey as photographs of watches on ebay and other sites appear. Although the subdials on the replica could be just a shade greyer, they are silvery in appearance and have a MOP appearance to them in contrast to the white of the main dial.

Check out the photo of the $5000+ white dial GT on this page to see a more accurate representation of the subdial color on the genuine. The replica is much closer than some have indicated.

http://www.collectorstime.com/other_AD.htm

To the uninformed amature (me) this is a great looking rep.. i am not a huge breitling fan but the GT has me thinking...

To the uninformed amature (me) this is a great looking rep.. i am not a huge breitling fan but the GT has me thinking...

The identified problems with this replica are so far

1. Engraving on the caseback. The "t" on Switzerland is not crossed. I can see why the replica factories missed this one, it is barely noticible on the genuine. I've given the watch to several collectors of Breitlings and not one of them has suspected it is a replica and not one on close inspection of the back has found this flaw.

2. Inner bezel is wider than the genuine. This is true but is far less pronounced on the white dial version.

3. Subdial color. Addressed above

I consider these issues very minor. As replicas go, this is a fantastic piece. The finish is first rate and the new 28,000 bph asian 7750 is a so much smoother operator than the old version 7750. This watch has the most "ooooh and ahhhhh" power, with those who see it, of any of my replicas. Everyone notices it and wants to touch it. In my sideline of building period reproduction furniture, I know I've done a top notch job when people want to run their hands over a piece. This replica passes that test with flying colors.

Congrats CC...fantastic choice. All you guys buying these Bentleys makes me REALLY want one. Apparently it's the hottest watch on RWG right now.

The Panerai 187 is 202grs only case without strap or buckle.

Well maybe you should think again who is the heavyweight champion :)

Congrats CC...fantastic choice. All you guys buying these Bentleys makes me REALLY want one. Apparently it's the hottest watch on RWG right now.

Bytor, knowing your taste, you will love this one. I happened to pick the maroon since I have so many of the other colors, but whichever color you choose it's a beautiful watch.

There is a reason why Panerai is taking a back seat to this right now.

Bytor, knowing your taste, you will love this one. I happened to pick the maroon since I have so many of the other colors, but whichever color you choose it's a beautiful watch.

You're absolutely correct Robert. I will most likely get this watch eventually...can't resist it much longer. ;)

PS: I just hope that we get Chronomat in same quality. It's by far my favourite Breitling...though the Bentley is growing on me every day.