When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sending a watch back to china

xxl17

Unfortunatley my first rep (UPO) stopped running after only a few days. The seller, who I will not name (yet) because so far he has been very responsive, told me to send it back and gave me an address in China to send it to. I'm sure many have done this. Is this ok? He said not to use FedEx UPS or the like and said to just send it Registered Airmail. Is the USPS ok for this? Do I need to worry about customs etc.? Thanks for the help. I am a new guy from NYC. By the way this site is addicting! Thanks.

AD

I've sent a few back from Canada using standard Canada Post. Some sellers use really small boxes which can raise the price for shipping by 300%...so you might need to re-package to meet postal "minimum" size standards. I've never had a problem...but the return shipping can be slow. Canada Post says 6-8 weeks I think, but I've never had things take longer than about 4 weeks.

It may take an additional 2 weeks for the vendor to tell you it arrived...but by then...the watch has likely already started it's slow journey back.

Just fill out customs declarations exactly like the dealer asks.

I think others have already covered the bases :) I've never had a problem sending things back on the few occasions I've had to. I just sent it via registered airmail (which takes about 4+ weeks), and filled in the customs declaration as "Fashion Watch". Haven't had a problem yet :) Best of luck for a happy resolution for your situation :good:

I guess another option would be for you to see if you have a local watch guy to look at it. It may save both of you $$ and time. You just need to work out how much the seller is willing to cover.

The seller was going to cover all costs except getting it back to him. Unfortunately I dont know much about these things on a technical level so I dont knwo why it is not working. I saw a post recently about a rep friendly watch guy in NYC but the responses were all PMed. Can someone please send me a name. Might be about the same price and save me the time if I did that.

Thanks

Yeah...no vendor covers the cost of you shipping it to them even for "warranty" repairs or returns. This fact often ticks a lot of buyers off...but it's one of the truths to be accepte in dealing with reps.

The cost is usually about $20 USD. A PROPER movement servicing (complete strip down, clean, lube and rebuild) costs around $200. You may find cheaper...some find it for $50...but, YMMV and quality will vary. Sometimes the rep movements have flaky parts or things that pop out...the beauty of lack of QA/QC.

Yeah...no vendor covers the cost of you shipping it to them even for "warranty" repairs or returns. This fact often ticks a lot of buyers off...but it's one of the truths to be accepte in dealing with reps.

The cost is usually about $20 USD. A PROPER movement servicing (complete strip down, clean, lube and rebuild) costs around $200. You may find cheaper...some find it for $50...but, YMMV and quality will vary. Sometimes the rep movements have flaky parts or things that pop out...the beauty of lack of QA/QC.

I guess i am just going to send it back. Sucks but its not working so I don't have much of a choice. I don't even care about the shipping costs. Understand that when dealing with reps there is always a risk. Just [censored]. That was my first "high quality" rep. It looked amazing jsut stopped running after about 4 days. Back it goes. I guess I need to order another to wear in the meantime. Ha. Ive got the bug.