When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This forum is too blame...

hornma

Hi,

Thought I would post a quick note...

Last Friday I got back from Turkey with a couple of Reps.. a Tag (a strange dial like a skinny oblong with a blue and white face (with screwheads dotted about.. no idea if its a fantasy or based on something real) and a Pam which was PVD with black and gold dial... again not sure its actually based on a real model. Neither cost much.. both autos of unknown movement.

Now that got me thinking as I like Pams but will never drop a few thousand on a watch.. and I started to hunt the net for better reps... hey presto I arrived here.

Now I am still investigating which Pams I want to get and how much I want to spend (do I go for the swiss movements - though they seem not be anymore - do I stay away from chronos and 7750) but thought I would try out a few of the dealers here for various goodies.

From ebay I have a 16 watch storage box with plenty of space for the pams etc.

I have a couple of rep boxes and Pam straps on the way from Pure Time

A couple of pam straps from Homer

and as a initial order 3 of the cheaper reps from Trusty...

Once I work out which Pams to go for I will probably next try Eurotimez for couple of those as well.

So on the way shortly are :

B & R 42mm white face with power reserve

IWC Pilot watch (the St Exupery model)

Chopard Gran Turismo XL

Looking forward to trying those out and seeing how the standard asian movements hold up.

Next on the list is either the Breitling SuperOcean or Omega UPO and the Rolex Vintage Steve Mcqueen rep.

So all in all only after a week I am kinda hooked. Just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful information / reviews / tips etc I have found here.. plus the great listings of collectors to purchase from.. makes the initial purchase a lot easier :)

Thanks

Matt

I hear you on that. Can't stop looking - searching for info and purchasing. I'm a total noob and now have four reps. Three bought off RWG. By the way the three off RWG exceeded all expectations and the forth from _____ slightly disappointed me.

RWG:3 points

Cartel: 1/2 a point

Game over, RWG wins. :D