When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen 5513 Submariner Questionzzz

Watchout

Hi All,

I'm having the oppurtunity to buy a Gen Rolex Submariner 5513 .

The band says 93150 the endlink 501 B

Feet's first 660 and submariner is standing below the feet and meters.

Does anybody know what these baby's are worth and maybe when it's been build?

I can't remove the bracelet so no serial.

Photo's later..

Also it doenst come with papers!

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I'm having the oppurtunity to buy a Gen Rolex Submariner 5513 .

The band says 93150 the endlink 501 B

Feet's first 660 and submariner is standing below the feet and meters.

Does anybody know what these baby's are worth and maybe when it's been build?

I can't remove the bracelet so no serial.

Photo's later..

Also it doenst come with papers!

Thanks in advance

Hi,

501 is wrong - should be 580 - for the rest i whould need a pic ;)

and i whould not get the watch without opening the caseback and checking all the serial numbers ..

cheers,

Frank

I wouldn't focus on the endlinks. They may aswell be 501b if they were replaced by a RSC.

But you MUST have a look at the movement for sure and check the serial (make sure it is not stolen) as Frank said.

If you wanna make yourself an opinion on the value of it, here is a link to my supplier.

He currently has one from 65 without papers but in very good condition.

http://www.subgmt.com/en/vintage_rolex.php

Cheers

Stephane

for this kind of watches every particular thing such as endlinks r really important for his value...

he must have 580 finals... then i must ask you if is it a matt o gloss dial then if is it gilt or normal...

then check the caseback... if it has been replaced u'll not find impressed the year of the production, then check if it has been relumed and then if the movement is still good and does not have cancer. the internal side of the case too.

with that bracelet it must be a 1975+ 5513 so i think it is more possible that is a glossy one... without bp and if it is all in order 3800/4000

for this kind of watches every particular thing such as endlinks r really important for his value...

he must have 580 finals... then i must ask you if is it a matt o gloss dial then if is it gilt or normal...

then check the caseback... if it has been replaced u'll not find impressed the year of the production, then check if it has been relumed and then if the movement is still good and does not have cancer. the internal side of the case too.

with that bracelet it must be a 1975+ 5513 so i think it is more possible that is a glossy one... without bp and if it is all in order 3800/4000

Two solutions to your problem:

#1: Quick and easy, just bring it to an RSC and get a documented response.

#2: Stick around here, VRF, TZ, and host of other sites to build your knowledge for the next couple years. That way you'll be able to make some better and more educated choices, and even then, you would still need to bring the watch to RSC for verification.

:)

#2: Stick around here, VRF, TZ, and host of other sites to build your knowledge for the next couple years. That way you'll be able to make some better and more educated choices, and even then, you would still need to bring the watch to RSC for verification.

Agreed: such a watch cannot be bought without some insurrance.

A trusted and recommended dealer in pre-owned would be my only choice.

Hand pick up too of course + receipt of my money.

I'd never buy a 5513 or a GreatWhite on a public forum.

1: sure but if u want post some pics... :)

2: in a couple of years the 5513 matt value will be really similar to the drsd mk IV actual value :) so buy it as soon as possible but with the right warranties

1: sure but if u want post some pics... :)

2: in a couple of years the 5513 matt value will be really similar to the drsd mk IV actual value :) so buy it as soon as possible but with the right warranties

I will post pics asap,

It's always worth a 1000 euro right?

I will post pics asap,

It's always worth a 1000 euro right?

the value of a 5513 i see from 2000 - 5000 Euro.

5000 whould be a complete watch: all papers, box ect - all tritium (hands, dial + pearl) in an exellent condition - recently serviced.

2000 whould be a beater from the late 80s without bracelet ...

things to check : all original ? dial not repainted - original insert ... same serial on movement and case ?

serial in the papers is the same on the case ? service history ? stretch on the bracelet .

all tritium ?

if you not an expert i whould recommend an 14060 all tritium - still cheap and easier to find :) value will go up .

cheers,

Frank

There are some rules to buy an vintage Rolex.

Find a trustfull dealer who sells vintage ones since years.

When you buy from normal person, take the watch to an AD to

check the watch.

Ask Rolex for serialnumber and reference.

For Vintage Rolexes there are so much hybrid ones

out there, mixed with gen and generic parts redials.

A trustfull source will help much.

Hope to see some Pics.

Here they are the Pic's!

Some more additional info: The watch isnt running smooth, it's running half an hour slower per hour! Also the serial number can't be read and it comes without papers. The Lume is 0 %. Pls advice me about the value as in this way!

Thanks!!

post-12911-1220864471_thumb.jpg

post-12911-1220864541_thumb.jpg

post-12911-1220864592_thumb.jpg

post-12911-1220864622_thumb.jpg

I'm totaly confused about your watch.

I'll let experts comment it as I never handled a gen myself.

Having said that, I see a lot of signs that aren't very nice in your description.

Why would a serial not be readable? Same with endlinks...

Let's wait for others but I wouldn't buy such a watch personaly.

EDIT: I compared the dial with some gen stock pics: your dial is very nice but the hour markers are a bit far from the edged lines.

I'm totaly confused about your watch.

I'll let experts comment it as I never handled a gen myself.

Having said that, I see a lot of signs that aren't very nice in your description.

Why would a serial not be readable? Same with endlinks...

Let's wait for others but I wouldn't buy such a watch personaly.

EDIT: I compared the dial with some gen stock pics: your dial is very nice but the hour markers are a bit far from the edged lines.

It is indeed a strange description but the price is also way less then normal. I can buy this watch for 1000 euro. So I would like to know if that is a good deal and if it's still possible to sell it for more the way it is.

The endlinks are 501 B and

I found the serail number it's on the 6 side , ;-)

It's 107**** .

On the 12 side it says 5513 and it seems like there is something above that that's faded a bit, it start with RE?

Someone more info?! Thanks

Thanks

Here they are the Pic's!

Some more additional info: The watch isnt running smooth, it's running half an hour slower per hour! Also the serial number can't be read and it comes without papers. The Lume is 0 %. Pls advice me about the value as in this way!

Thanks!!

It is indeed a strange description but the price is also way less then normal. I can buy this watch for 1000 euro. So I would like to know if that is a good deal and if it's still possible to sell it for more the way it is.

The endlinks are 501 B and

I found the serail number it's on the 6 side , ;-)

It's 1074268 .

On the 12 side it says 5513 and it seems like there is something above that that's faded a bit, it start with RE?

Someone more info?! Thanks

Thanks

pls remove the last 4 number of the serial... holy god....

btw what a piece of crap.. stay away from that "kind" of 5513

107xxxx serial? it must be a 1964's case but it has 1975+ bracelet with ugly wrong/fake endlinks...

half an hour slow? omfg never ever heard of a rolex movement so bad... it could have cancer or it could have been exposed to water infiltrations...

but for 1000 euros? mhh really nice price but i'll still buy somethin else.... this is somethin more like a "franken" than a 5513 gen

For 1K - don't even think - get it quick - or let me have the sellers info and I will get it. Don't worry about bracelet or endlinks - no indication at all. The lug engravings are worn, that's normal - as you can read them - no problem. You can consider the movement trash - the service would be expensive. Still, the service wouldn't cost you more than 1000. Go for it.

If you don't want to buy, let me know the details please :)

Edit - Shadow - would you believe a watch this old has still its first bracelet on? Changing a bracelet after 20 years of normal wear is more than normal. Please elaborate why the endlinks are fake in my opinion they are convincing - even from the bad pics.

For 1K - don't even think - get it quick - or let me have the sellers info and I will get it. Don't worry about bracelet or endlinks - no indication at all. The lug engravings are worn, that's normal - as you can read them - no problem. You can consider the movement trash - the service would be expensive. Still, the service wouldn't cost you more than 1000. Go for it.

If you don't want to buy, let me know the details please :)

Edit - Shadow - would you believe a watch this old has still its first bracelet on? Changing a bracelet after 20 years of normal wear is more than normal. Please elaborate why the endlinks are fake in my opinion they are convincing - even from the bad pics.

Why a piece of crap?!

Can you be more specific on what's not good about it?!

Thanks

Well, I consider it crap - sorry. Being out of time that much - it much suffer from extreme problems. Probably only a magnetized hairspring though. If you can get movement pics that would be fantastic - also, if yo ucould get a pic of the caseback stampings inside - that would be a good thing. If you can show us teh lugs - another plus.

1000 euros is really a nice price... but that sub does not convince me...

if u wanna buy a 5513 for its historic value and if u want somethin that could be easy resold in future with an higher value.... stay away...

if u just want a vintage sub to wear everyday... buy it... but take a look at the servicin prices... they could be frustrating....

Some interesting replies here since the last time I checked this thread. Lots wrong with this watch, but I will not elaborate since I already suggested the correct thing to do.

However...

The case alone is easily worth 1k E

Buy it, strip all the other parts and keep them, then sell me the case for 1K and I'll put together a correct watch and still make money when I decide to sell it.