When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 1:1 PAM127

robertb

Beautiful watch. But you forgot to eliminate the 1 in the serial number. Standard rep is #0117. ;) And one look at that crown says it all. The finish on the gen crown is infinitely better. Most importantly, congratulations on a beautiful watch that doubles as an investment. It is certainly doing better than the global stock markets, :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Congrats! A great watch and IMO an investment that ought to return 25-40% over the next couple years!!

Having looked at a gazillion rep/gen pics and held more than a few rep and gen fiddy parts side by side here are the big instant-tell diffs aside from the SN# and movement.

--The six on all 3 versions of the gen dials is less rounded than any version of the rep dial I've seen.

--The EL dial fonts are the right color but are slightly thinner than all but the "3rd" version gen dial.

--DSN dial fonts are dead on but, since he is DSN, he somehow used gray ink instead of beige.

--The gen CG pin is larger and flatter than any rep pin, modded or stock

--The dots on the Gen "reg TM" are square. On the rep they're round.

--The gen crown is better finished and the teeth are "crooked." Having stared atr gen and rep crowns side by side for long periods of time I'm convinced that a rep crown can be modded/polished to match w/ a little skill. I wouldn't be surprised if the gen crown was CNC'd to look something like the rep and then hand finished.

--The rep sapphire will definitely need subtle single AR

--It's so hard to tell the difference between the shape of the rep and gen hands and crystal from pics, you'd almost have to see them side by side, which I have not yet done.