When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PP Aquanaut

jeff g

post-22-1220812368_thumb.jpg post-22-1220812519_thumb.jpg

Recently purchased this nice 42mm PP Aquanaut. Couldn't pass it up for the price.

It has a very nicely made case, and the rubber strap and deployment clasp is spot on to gen.

I have seen a few Aquanauts at local AD that were much smaller than this piece, more like 36-38mm's and I didn't really like them all that much, but this one at 42mm, looks and feels great on the wrist.

Nice dial deliniation, well aligned indices and coloring, good lume etc. however the date window

placement and font are not accurate to the gen. That being said, it is a handsome watch.

I agree that the watch looks good enough to be gen.

As I mentioned I have handled the real deal in 36mm, and felt this 42mm model to be a much more appropriate size. The gen at my local AD sells for 17,000.00

My watch is definitely a rep.

Purchased from a fellow collector over on RG.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Here you go sir!

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry470745

Enjoy and congratulations on the purchase!

Thank you so much Corgi!!! This review makes me want the watch even more!!!

I got it from reg, Narikaa. The guy proved to have fantastic communication!!! Got the box and an additional strap, just in case someone else wants to wear it!!! The whole makes it feel soooo damn real!!

The only issue I have is that it makes a bit of noise when I move it a bit fast... Did your come with this lil issue? if yes, do you suggest to get it serviced and oiled?

thanks so much for the review... guess there is nothing I could add to it... any remark from my side would be big time short of your sumptuous review!!!!!

Mine is waterproof... but mine is the MBK which is a little more pricey and has a screw out crown. Highly recommended.

Can you specify the kind of noise it is making? It is fairly common for the rotors to whirl and sometimes even make clanking noises... just the nature of the mov't placement i guess. Mine doesn't make any noise...

Please please please post a full shot with box and paper!

Mine is waterproof... but mine is the MBK which is a little more pricey and has a screw out crown. Highly recommended.

Can you specify the kind of noise it is making? It is fairly common for the rotors to whirl and sometimes even make clanking noises... just the nature of the mov't placement i guess. Mine doesn't make any noise...

Please please please post a full shot with box and paper!

I will post the full shot ASAP. I must prepare all for my bad skills as a photographer! Gonna do it with an 8mp digi cam, so don

Very interesting, we really need a PP section !

Back to the Aquanaut, I'm expecting a second hand blue one to come in, originally from Time4direct on RWI, it's 1/4th the price of the MBK but has apparently good quality. Asian 21 of course, not an ETA, but I'm not sure that makes a big difference at the end of the day, my MBK Nautilus gains 15 seconds a day and my Tag Link 21j loses 10 seconds over 7 days!

Hello to all,

I owed these ones to Corgi from a couple of days ago. I apologize, but I did not have my camera at hand in the last days... that is why it took me so long...

Hope you guys can appreciate something... I know quality is not top... I did my best!!

Thanks again for the help!

post-15182-1227392111_thumb.jpg

post-15182-1227392218_thumb.jpg

post-15182-1227392275_thumb.jpg

post-15182-1227392334_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics, nice watch. I don't quite get the point of the papers and warranties though for a rep ? ;-)

My second hand blue one just came in, originally from Time4direct on RWI, so it's like the OP's, not an MBK.

Looks very nice, honestly I can't see any difference in finish with my MNK Nautilus, it's a thicker watch though but I suppose the gen is similar.

The rubber band and clasp are convenient, I find the rubber a bit "hard" though.

I don't quite get the point of the papers and warranties though for a rep ? ;-)

It's fun! :D

Anyway.... I really enjoyed looking at these pictures, snoxx. The box is really classy and looks not only well made, but also very realistic. I couldn't help but look at your hand, though, is everything alright? It looks like you have a pretty nasty cut there...

The MBK-Aquanaut is really a revolutionary achievement in the replica world, because it is the first time Patek Philippe has been given the attention they deserve by a manufacturer. This timepiece not only copies the look, but also the feel, of the genuine article impeccably. It is also waterproof, with tight crown operation and a robust Swiss movement to match. It is actually one of the reasons I am starting to lose interest in reps! Maybe this is why the factories have some unwritten rule about making a rep "absolutely perfect" - once the owner finds a $500 1:1 mirror of a $17,000 luxury sports watch at their fingertips, it's "GAME WON" !

Enjoy your watch, and remember, treat it with the gentleness and care of the real deal to ensure years of happy use!

I love this watch.

I think that the Aquanaut rep, similar to the MBK Nautilus rep although not 100% accurate to the gen is nevertheless a beautifully made piece.

I love the rubber bracelet on this model. The clasp is nicely made, the adjustment is accurate to the 17,000 gen, and I must say that I really feel as though the rubber strap is really comfortable. Owning as many watches and bracelet/strap combos as I do, I really feel that this watch and strap are as nice as they come.

The weight of the case and bracelet is really light and easy to wear.

I [censored] around with this bracelet while on my wrist far less than many other straps. A big plus as far as I am concerned.

Like others posting on this forum, I never really cared for the looks of the Aquanaut all that much, but it grew on me, and now it has become one of my favorites, along with other watches like my PP Nautilus, and Breitling SOH. Good size, great looks, and super comfortable to wear.

When purchasing this watch it was spec'd at 40mm, but by my measurement is really closer to 42mm (wide), definitely seems larger than a typical 40mm Rolex case. Looks bigger, and wears bigger. Fits my 6.75'' wrist just fine.

There is a reason that Patek Phillipe is considered the finest watch in the world. Not only are the gens superbly made, but they have CLASSIC beauty. The Aquanaut is just another example of that fact. The fact that you can purchase this particular rep for a few hundred bucks is incredible.