When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Superocean Heritage Owners....Are you happy?

Bearcat

I'd be interested in hearing from some of the Breitling Superocean Heritage owners out there who have had their watches for a while.

Are you happy with the piece? Are the Swiss ETA versions worth the extra cash? Were they waterproof right from the dealer?

I am looking hard at the black version from Silix, unless you have a better suggestion.

Thanks,

--Doc (sigsauerfan@hotmail.com)

I am owning two "swiss" 2824 Heritages (bue and black dial) and the mvts. are running reliable. Only issue on these versions is the date wheel and the incorrect dial printing. To be honest the Heritages can't keep up with my modded SOSF (swiss 2824 version) B) But all in all these are great reps, no doubt!

post-22-1221084751_thumb.jpg

I own the original model with eta. It has the incorrect dial lettering you mentioned, but WHO CARES.

Asian 21J version is probably fine. However, I send all my watches to The Zigmeister for servicing. He has serviced my Heritage, and it runs perfectly.

IMO the Heritage is as good a 1.1 rep available. The dial, case and OR strap are as nice as the gen.

If you like the looks of this watch...buy it. You won't be sorry.

Like most Breitlings the SOSF is way to busy IMO.

The Heritage is pure...clean...and simple.

I asked one of our trusted dealers for dials of the asian version with correct printings and a date wheel as well for assemblage to my swiss Heritages. But by the meantime I have been told that a swap (asian dial on swiss ETA 2824 version) doesn't work. Just to keep those of you informed who are considering a modd.

Edited by shultz

I have the new Ultimte Version with the correct dial and date font. However, it has the Asian ETA movement. But so far, no issues. Accurate with the time. Overall, nice piece.

Same goes for me, until I got my SA the SOH was my daily wearer for the better part of two months. I wore it in all situations including swimming in the lake at the cottage while on vacation and no water got in. For the price I've been quite pleased with it. It doesn't wear as large as the 46mm diameter would suggest.