When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just a feeler question...

RobbieG

As many of you know I have a gen blue dialed Fish and I love it. I have been doing a lot of thinking about my collection and not trying to have a lot of duplication categorically lately. Here is my dilema. I feel like I need another true sport chrono as my Sinn doesn't really fit the bill and that leaves my Aquatimer. I also really need to haev at least one blue dial and that is filled of course by the Fish. I have really loved the Skyland for some time now and have considered both the gen and a 7750 transplant rep. Up until now I have been considering a black dialed Skyland, but I think I may have a way to kill two birds with one stone. I really love the blue dial of the Fish, but I feel like I get basically the same watch size wise, plus the bonus of having another chrono. Looks wise, I don't give an edge to either and they are both gorgeous.

My thought was to sell the Fish and get a gen Skyland with a blue dial. That accomplishes a couple things. First, I have an additional chrono. Second, I still have a blue dialed Breitling. Third, the polished bracelet is a bonus as it pops more when I'm in the mood to have it on a bracelet, and yet it still is a bit more downplayed when in its default state wearing the blue calf - and unlike the Fish, I think it looks good on both croc and rubber which I can't really say for the Fish.

So here is the question(s). Does this make sense to you all in terms of what I am trying to do with the collection and second, if I were to offer it up for sale would any of you have an interest in it? It is perfectly mint and only worn outside the office once. Not a scratch on it and all boxes and papers as new. Let me know as if there is interest and I decide to do it I'll list it here and give you guys first crack before I put it on TZ. Thanks in advance for you responses.

I wouldn't say a Skyland would be a waste of money any more than the Fish. Gen Breits are simply the finest for the money IMO in their class hands down. Regardless, I don't usually consider finances when deciding on watch purchases, rep or gen. Prudent or not, that is just the way it is with me. Anyway, Are you a fan of the Fish or Skyland? Colors?

waste of money i would say, why gen?

I've owned both the rep of the Steelfish and the Skyland (currently on my wrist) Although they both come from the Aeromarine line, they have a very different feel to them.

Thinking of your collection, personally I would buy the blue faced Skyland with blue dial (rep version). The blue dial Skyland is beautiful, it is a very slatey blue, so it can be worn on a strap, bracelet and rubber and look good on all.

I think you'll wear the Steelfish less after owning the Skyland, the Skyland has a certain presence about it, it looks very modern (due to the dial number font I believe) and it is big, but not massive. I have never enjoyed owning a chrono watch as much as owning the Skyland.

Once I had the blue Skyland I would probably end up selling the SOSF and put the money in the bank and wait until I found a bit of inspiration to buy another gen.

Also, as far as getting the 7750 transplant I wouldn't worry about doing this, mine runs beautifully, almost as well as the SMP I had. If it does pack in in a few years, then you can make the transplant then.

Ps the reaosn I wouldn't buy the gen of the Skyland is due to the build quality of the rep, it is increbily well put together

01092008032.jpg

Edited by b16a2

Thanks J. Do you have the blue dialed rep? Hard to tell at a lot of angles due to the AR on these. And yes, I would never own both. Breitlings other than Navis are all very similar to me. The only choice is chrono or non-chrono and then pick the one I like - at least for me. Sounds like I will be happier with the Skyland. I agree that it has a more interesting dial and a modern look to it.

I've owned both the rep of the Steelfish and the Skyland (currently on my wrist) Although they both come from the Aeromarine line, they have a very different feel to them.

Thinking of your collection, personally I would buy the blue faced Skyland with blue dial (rep version). The blue dial Skyland is beautiful, it is a very slatey blue, so it can be worn on a strap, bracelet and rubber and look good on all.

I think you'll wear the Steelfish less after owning the Skyland, the Skyland has a certain presence about it, it looks very modern (due to the dial number font I believe) and it is big, but not massive. I have never enjoyed owning a chrono watch as much as owning the Skyland.

Once I had the blue Skyland I would probably end up selling the SOSF and put the money in the bank and wait until I found a bit of inspiration to buy another gen.

Also, as far as getting the 7750 transplant I wouldn't worry about doing this, mine runs beautifully, almost as well as the SMP I had. If it does pack in in a few years, then you can make the transplant then.

Ps the reaosn I wouldn't buy the gen of the Skyland is due to the build quality of the rep, it is increbily well put together

01092008032.jpg

Thanks J. Do you have the blue dialed rep? Hard to tell at a lot of angles due to the AR on these. And yes, I would never own both. Breitlings other than Navis are all very similar to me. The only choice is chrono or non-chrono and then pick the one I like - at least for me. Sounds like I will be happier with the Skyland. I agree that it has a more interesting dial and a modern look to it.

It's the black dial version, but I have seen pics of the blue version, and it is exactly the same colour as my old Aerospace gen. It is a lovely colour in the flesh.

Another reason I would buy the rep Skyland is because you may (as therebel did) find you prefer the SF over the Skyland, in which case you can sell the rep on and you haven't been through any real hassle. Out of the two I have a feeling you will prefer the Skyland though.

Who knows if you really are thinking about your collection or not????? I think that is a trivial thing to say. You think you know about your collection but we don't know, its all second hand information from you!!!

Furthermore who are we to decide what does and doesnt make sense to you regarding your collection? I think you are just trying to insult RWG as a whole and your post wreaks of [censored].

:lol: ahaha I bet I got you. :lol:

I think you would be crazy not to at least sample the rep skyland first. It's one of the best reps out there. You wipe your ass with $300, what have you got to lose? Focus your gen spending on something you might not be able to satisfy with the rep avenue. The question is why are you not getting a fifty fathoms chrono?

18391_Blancpain.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLANCPAIN-FIFTY-FATHOM...id=p3286.c0.m14

You are now officially my favorite friend on the forum. You make my gut hurt from laughing. You are the best Daniel. I think we should talk about you moving down here and coming to work for us. I mean you are just up the coast anyway. I don't have anything you can do but I might consider putting you on the payroll just to hang around and break everyone's b*lls.

But no, I don't wipe my ass with hundreds - I wish. My only issue with the rep is I have to do the 7750 as I have terrible luck with Asian movements and I will also want to do the lume as well. The hands will need to be broached on and that means The Zigmeister and customs issues, etc. So by the time I am done I will have what, a grand into the rep of the Skyland. It will be close to perfect of course. But then I think, my Fish plus fifteen hundred and I'll have the gen Skyland. I know the rep is close to perfect but a grand is a grand and my net outlay doesn't change much, plus the risks. Oh well, I'll decide what to do.

Anyone have experience with the blue dial Skyland yet? Just wondering how the color looks as I have only seen the black and grey so far at AD's.

Who knows if you really are thinking about your collection or not????? I think that is a trivial thing to say. You think you know about your collection but we don't know, its all second hand information from you!!!

Furthermore who are we to decide what does and doesnt make sense to you regarding your collection? I think you are just trying to insult RWG as a whole and your post wreaks of [censored].

:lol: ahaha I bet I got you. :lol:

I think you would be crazy not to at least sample the rep skyland first. It's one of the best reps out there. You wipe your ass with $300, what have you got to lose? Focus your gen spending on something you might not be able to satisfy with the rep avenue. The question is why are you not getting a fifty fathoms chrono?

18391_Blancpain.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLANCPAIN-FIFTY-FATHOM...id=p3286.c0.m14

I ordered two Skylands, one Slate, one Blue dial.

When the package arrived I mistakenly thought I had been sent two Slate dial watches.

It wasn't until I moved to a well lit are that I realised that one of them was indeed Blue. And what a beautiful

Blue it is. It isn't a vibrant blue like the Fish. It's much more Slate like in colour. Completely different from the Fish.

So what am I saying: The Skyland is well built, similar in size, and great value.

So buy a Skyland in Blue, wear it for a while and time will help you decide.

I'm sure it would sell easily if you change your mind.