When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex GMTIIC CHS Rep vs Gen Pics

rangers158

Have some time during the weekend, so I took some side by side comparison pics of the gen and rep GMTIIC. Besides all the usual flaws pointed out earlier, the mail difference is the overall feel of the watch. Gen has a more defined case. Angles on the case is sharper. Lume is also matt and not shiny like the rep. GMT hand has a different green shade as well. Crown on the bracelet is bigger for gen. Enjoy the pics.

Left rep, Right gen.

IMG_0236i.jpg

IMG_0260i.jpg

IMG_0261i.jpg

IMG_0263i.jpg

IMG_0265i.jpg

IMG_0245i.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

I still feel that the only real give-away is the rep's narrower index markers. And, even that, without seeing it next to a gen, is a tough call, at best. Yes, the cyclops is not ARd & there are other subtle differences (you cannot have an exact copy of a several grand gen for a few hundred dollars), but only that small, knowledgeable group of WISs will get that (most gen owners know NOTHING). When viewed from the distance of an arm's length away (my benchmark for success), the chs GMTIIC is a legend in its own time & for good reason.

Thanks for the post.

Have some time during the weekend, so I took some side by side comparison pics of the gen and rep GMTIIC. Besides all the usual flaws pointed out earlier, the mail difference is the overall feel of the watch. Gen has a more defined case. Angles on the case is sharper. Lume is also matt and not shiny like the rep. GMT hand has a different green shade as well. Crown on the bracelet is bigger for gen. Enjoy the pics.

$188-390??? versus $7200????.

IMG_0236i.jpg

Of course everything is different??????

Oh whatever, this watch got me laid twice already...... At least that was the starting point. I never even had to say anything, whenever someone handled it they were like "wow this is really solid" or something to the affect that they had no doubt.....so I'm technically not a liar......and 18 yr olds.......ummmm......fish in a barrell anyone?

On the serious side, my bezel numbers are too wide and too deep, and the inner clasp markings suck..... the gen markings on the clasp are really dark compared to the rep. So don't take it off, and damn, its good enough

First thanks for this great rewiew. For me the big difference is the cannon pin. I m just surprise of your lum shoot. How many time after do you take the picture on rep?? for mine few haours after the lum still exactly as the gen picture on the right

thanks

sylvain

The exposure time is 1/8s and its not competely dark. Thats why it does not look bright. In real life, the super lume on the gen is way brighter. Here's a 1s exposure.

IMG_0258.jpg

Oh whatever, this watch got me laid twice already...... At least that was the starting point. I never even had to say anything, whenever someone handled it they were like "wow this is really solid" or something to the affect that they had no doubt.....so I'm technically not a liar......and 18 yr olds.......ummmm......fish in a barrell anyone?

Ha I pulled a Dani last night!