When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My vintage 6152 with cortebert 616 !

Clint Eastwood

Hello,

Like i promise last week, here my topic about my 6152 Cortebert powered, with all mods by me.

This one was more easy to do that the angelus one.

Here the mods :

- case slimmed, rounded, polished and aged.

- lugs modded

- crownguard: removing of the "rg tm" , re-brushed, aged.

- new crown guard lever made with a more thicker end to touch the case, because the first one was too small and thin.

- new axe made of steel for the crown guard

- stamped the pre-patend number "1" on back of crown guard.

- springbars of full s-steel self made like gen rolex ones, with one size pusher( honestly, more strong and safe than the screws bars and more durable if you change the strape often.

- glass remove and change for a plexi clone of rolex tropic 24 one that i have shortened in height of 1,5mm ( maybe not close to gen for the height, but don't like to height plexi, it is again 6 mm more height than the bezel) and in diameter to fit perfectly.

- case back sterilized by removing all the marking, glass changed for a vintage plexi domed one(found from a french watchsmith supplier).

- all white nylon o-ring tinted in dark brown

- dial changed for one with thin markers like gen vintage(the bestest and closest dial i ever found; i found 2 of it) dial aged and vintagized with markers under resin flat filled, and MM in off white color.

- hands reshaped and modded to be more pointed, oxidized and lume change for vintage one in yelow/greenish/white color.

- Simona vintage extr long strap, the bestest i have found for sale, because same spacing of holes and same leather than gen vintages; all the next ammo i will do will be the same in shape.

- winding stem re-tapered to be screwed on the crown

- inside movement ring made of brass from a bar

- And of course, a full serviced cortebert 616 installed, who work perfectly and keep accurate time whith a rolex sun polished wheel.

I have found one more cort 616, now on stock, but in a absolutely new condition, for a next project.

I have wear it for some month, and even if i own gens this one is one of my favorite !:D

Now the pics :

Comments will be appreciated

GWCort6161.jpg

GWCort6162.jpg

GWCort6163.jpg

compliments for your skills....the mods that you've done are amazing...good to see that there are other members skillful and able to perform all those mods by themselves..you have an amazing collection of Vintage pams...and I wonder where the hel* you find all those movements...

if you could just post some bigger pics or close ups so we can enjoy even more the beauty of your work....

compliments for your skills....the mods that you've done are amazing...good to see that there are other members skillful and able to perform all those mods by themselves..you have an amazing collection of Vintage pams...and I wonder where the hel* you find all those movements...

if you could just post some bigger pics or close ups so we can enjoy even more the beauty of your work....

that are the words i wanted to write down lol

again nice work

oh and everybody starving on your new phonecamera... hope that we re getting a litte new bigger pics

congrats helmut

Could you post another shot of the movement as well? The bridge shape is slightly different to others I've seen - I'm not sure if it's the photo or not! Have you added the sunburst decoration to the ratchet / winding wheel yourself, or was it already like this? Amazing job on the rest of it though, the dial looks really nice.

i try yesterday night to do more close pics with an other camera, more old and more big; it was the night but i think corrects close up are possible with this one so i will do some pics more for each watches i recently posted.

The bridge on this one are the same than on all 616 i think; the gear was changed for the rolex one i buy; i don't think it is possible to make the effect yourself.

I have four type of gear : rolex sunburst, brushed with a round line, two with different type of cortebert engraving.

i have two 616 movement who work perfectly, this one in a used condition, an other one in a absolutely new condition, and two others for pieces, with around 20 pairs of hands for cortebert ; a cool vintage tool box :D

will post pics of watches and parts in the next days

Here the requested pics,

Some close up added :

- Dial : to show the resin filled index, the mods hands more pointed and oxidized with the vintage lume matter, and how i have vintagized the dial

6152cu1.jpg

- a side pic to show the springbars and the reshaped case

6152cu2.jpg

- a pic of back with the cortebert

6152cu3.jpg

- a pic showing my other cortebert in new condition, for a next project

6152cu4.jpg

Hope you like :D

You know, I'm always so fascinated when people do these mods by themselves especially people like The Zigmeister and Tribal who work on thousands of different watches...seriously, this is amazing...what a beautiful piece...I especially like the detail on the winding gears in the vintage Corteberts and the vintage-esq lume looks pretty cool... that Simona vintage strap is a beauty also...Ammo right?

Outstanding workmanship and attention to detail ...I love it !!

I have been extremely fortunate to acquire the parts required to make exactly the same model...

I sincerely thank RossMcSherry and Madasboot without whom this would not have been possible...

I am yet to acquire the skills to finish my project to this level and would welcome any "step by step" photos on your next project in progress...

I hope to have the "finishing touch" for 26mm Vintage straps ready soon.. ;)

Best

FGD