When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are these Subs genuine???

Category 5

The guy tried pushing the Black sub on me for $2400. That seemed way too cheap. Then I noticed the winding crowns didn't look right on these. Rehaut was good though... ...and there next to the Blue sub in the photograph was another that had a distinctly purple dial. I asked the shop owner about it and he tried to tell me that Rolex makes a purple and a blue version. Shady! So do these pics look like Gens? Or is a store in the diamond district of NYC trying to scam some poor souls?

85078-29560.jpg

85078-29561.jpg

2400 for a gen? Is it in good condition? I am assuming it is used? what year? Please PM me with details.

Isn't it amazing??? I'm no expert, but as soon as I looked at the photos, my brain registered the overall quality. I've never seen a rep with the depth and angle of rehaut in the genuines.

47th street, start one block west of Broadway, and it is about the 5-8th store on the North side of the street. You'll recognize it because it is the first or second small shop with a load of watches in the window.

I'm still not rushing back. If I spend my bux it will be either an LV or a SS Daytona. Another guy across the street had both, but wanted $6500 for the LV and 13,000 for the Daytona. When i laughed and told him I could get the TT for $12,800 he asked me how much I would like to pay. I told him "list price" and he lauged again, told me to go find one at that price and that he'd give me $10,500 for it when i did.

Deals on used Gens can be had in the DD though...those guys will haggle as much as the ones in Chinatown. Too bad I wasn't shopping for a diamond. There were some amazing stones at really great deals there.

P.S. Take cash with you for a fat additional discount.

That's total [censored] if he wants $13,000 for a used TT Daytona. You can easily get them from ADs in Canada with a small discount too. Timezone also has the occasional one which pops up for $8000 or so for a 2 or 3 year old piece, and they are from reputable people too.

Even if we're talking about SS Daytona, $9000 will get you one on Timezone easily, for a LNIB or even NIB.

Oh, and this is my 666th post by the way. :blink:

if they are selling ROLEX on 47th st in NYC diamond district , you can be sure that they are 100% gen !

those shops are top notch & not to mention the rolex building is not to far away from the diamond district .

i dont think those guys would risk loosing there licencse over selling reps ..

47th st is not canal st :yu: ..

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

That's total [censored] if he wants $13,000 for a used TT Daytona. You can easily get them from ADs in Canada with a small discount too. Timezone also has the occasional one which pops up for $8000 or so for a 2 or 3 year old piece, and they are from reputable people too.

Even if we're talking about SS Daytona, $9000 will get you one on Timezone easily, for a LNIB or even NIB.

Oh, and this is my 666th post by the way. :blink:

Not $13,000 for a used TT Daytona...$13,000 for a NEW SS Daytona. I commented that I could get the TT at Tourneau for $12,800 (Held the very watch hours before) before haggling. List on a SS Daytona is like half that, so I offered him that. That's when he told me he would give me $10,500 for one if I could get it at htat price. Schmuck!

If it was a real AD they could lose their dealership license for charging over list.