When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

42mm Planet Ocean ?

JimmyT

Just ordered a NoobMariner from Chris and am looking forward to it and even though I

have a Gen Seamaster 2254.50 Black/Black I just read MAHLERS post on the PO and I

think it has to be my next buy.

I don't have a big wrist and couldn't pull off wearing a 45mm.

Can I still get a 42mm PO ??

Any thoughts appreciated

Jim T

I love mine. Maybe too much. I was doing construction while wearing it (why take it off when you are using a 4 lb single jack?) and a piece of the dial fell off :o

I can easily get the back off. besides removing the screws (easily done) how do i remove the crown? I promise i tried searching for this information on the forum before asking...

Best

Larry

Yeah that one is the best one right now.

Just like this B)

post-16375-1221874764_thumb.jpg

post-16375-1221874804_thumb.jpg

Thank ck24,

Beautiful pics. Is that a 4th Gen ?? 42mm

The only ones I can find seem to be on Josh's site aand an Auction site Mars80 told me about.

I'll deep digging and see what comes up. I'm kinda leaning to a S/S bracelet.

cheers

Jim T

PM sent...

The dealer on CQOUT has an ETA 2836 version for about $us320.

Seems very expensive compared to the Asian 21j movt.

G'day again mars08,

I just had a look at that CQout site and WOW! there's a ton of great stuff on there and reasonable prices.

How's your PO with the Asian movent going, pretty faithful? D'ya think the ETA's are really worth the extra dough?

I think one like yours might be the one.

Thanks heaps for the tip.......much appreciated.

Jim T

The 4th gen is the best version, but that comes in at around 300USD

Hi B16a2,

I don't want to compromise, I'd like to go with your suggestion and go for the 4th gen in 42mm.

I presume it's an ETA mevement ?

I know all you "old hands" at this rep stuff get asked questions all the time by newies like me &

I hate to askbut if you were me where would you start looking?

I could really use a nudge

best

Jim T

Yeah that one is the best one right now.

Just like this B)

post-16375-1221874764_thumb.jpg

post-16375-1221874804_thumb.jpg

That's either a genuine, or heavily modded with gen dial, bezel and AR.

Hi B16a2,

I don't want to compromise, I'd like to go with your suggestion and go for the 4th gen in 42mm.

I presume it's an ETA mevement ?

I know all you "old hands" at this rep stuff get asked questions all the time by newies like me &

I hate to askbut if you were me where would you start looking?

I could really use a nudge

best

Jim T

Well they say that they come with genuine ETA, but a few people have received the asian clone. I don't know whether Eurotimez can get the 42mm 4th gen, but if he can I would go with him. If you think you can stretch to a 45mm, the UPO is a better replica in my opinion (but the 4th gen 42mm is very very good)

I believe that most dealers sell this watch as it has been around for a long time, but the most obvious candidates would be Puretime (Angus) or Ruby, maybe even Josh or Andrew.

Just ordered a NoobMariner from Chris and am looking forward to it and even though I

have a Gen Seamaster 2254.50 Black/Black I just read MAHLERS post on the PO and I

think it has to be my next buy.

I don't have a big wrist and couldn't pull off wearing a 45mm.

Can I still get a 42mm PO ??

Any thoughts appreciated

Jim T

Hi there,

I've been in talks with Joshua @ joshwatch.com about the exact same watch. I only have a 7.5 inch wrist and have been shying away from the highly recommended 45 OP. Link --> http://www.joshwatch.com/omega-seamaster-c-58_62.html will take you to the watches that joshua listed lately (only 2 days ago). OMSE10009... 10... 11 are the ones you're after. They have the swiss Eta movement with AR coating etc. Goodluck with it all ;)

The 4th gen is the best version, but that comes in at around 300USD

I've just been scanning over a few web sites searching for 42 OP's... i found a 5th version (http://www.pam111.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=40&products_id=1138)... is this legit, and if so, to your knowledge is it a better rep than the 4th?

The so called 5th gen had a very very slightly differently placed Omega logo, it was a fraction higher than on the 4th gen. I think that this was mere speculation, as I ordered a 4th gen and the logo was in the correct place anyway.

I ordered my 4th gen from Paul, and had a very good experience. I have not ordered from him since, so I cannot give you a review of his services, but Paul's service used to be very good (years ago) and then his afterservice tailed off. I'm not sure if this is still the case or not though, it's probably best to have a look at the dealer reviews.

But as far as the 4th/5th gen watches go, they are one and the same.

That's either a genuine, or heavily modded with gen dial, bezel and AR.

Well they say that they come with genuine ETA, but a few people have received the asian clone. I don't know whether Eurotimez can get the 42mm 4th gen, but if he can I would go with him. If you think you can stretch to a 45mm, the UPO is a better replica in my opinion (but the 4th gen 42mm is very very good)

I believe that most dealers sell this watch as it has been around for a long time, but the most obvious candidates would be Puretime (Angus) or Ruby, maybe even Josh or Andrew.

Hi b16a2,

sorry it's taken me this long to get back but I couldn't get on all day. I could get onto the 'net but not this site.

I talked to Chris at ET about a 42mm but he said they don't make them anymore but Angus has 4th gen in 42mm at around $318 I think in so called Swiss ETA's.

Rolex2u have 21j Asains at $108 USD in 42mm and they look alright - Picture attached

I can't decide on orange Bezel or Black. Also Black Bezel /Dial with orange numbers. What do you think?

Cheers from Oz

Jim

post-16348-1221995951.jpg

post-16348-1221995989.jpg

post-16348-1221996026.jpg

post-16348-1221996055.jpg