When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The gf's very own vintage

JoJo35

I know this is not a rolex, but moderators please forgive me, since all my friends know me for my vintage pieces on this forum, and this is where I always end up.

For those of you who have met my gf, I'm sure you'll agree she is lovely. She has put up with this crazy hobby of mine and accompanied me to every gtg, so as a little surprise for her birthday I got her this beauty:

IMG_0105.jpg

It's a vintage hand wind Angelus, complete (all gen of course) with diamond bezel and white gold everything else..

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

Of course I'll have to add this to the top of the list for service up North ;) (RG are you listening?)

That is a beautiful watch, but have you considered having it refinished (especially the dial), so it is bright & clean when you give it to her?

I bought an ex something similar many years ago & she rarely wore it until I cleaned it up. In my experience, most women who appreciate watches, still prefer 'sparking clean' over 'original patina'.

That is a beautiful watch, but have you considered having it refinished (especially the dial), so it is bright & clean when you give it to her?

I bought an ex something similar many years ago & she rarely wore it until I cleaned it up. In my experience, most women who appreciate watches, still prefer 'sparking clean' over 'original patina'.

Haha, I've got a rare one freddy! She completely understands "vintage" and loves the originality of untouched antiques. She has followed me through my vintage rolex endeavors and has even learned how to use a loupe to examine for originality.

Even if she didn't understand, I would have to teach her to appreciate before I could ever bring myself to destroying this original antique piece by "refinishing" B)

Haha, I've got a rare one freddy! She completely understands "vintage" and loves the originality of untouched antiques. She has followed me through my vintage rolex endeavors and has even learned how to use a loupe to examine for originality.

Even if she didn't understand, I would have to teach her to appreciate before I could ever bring myself to destroying this original antique piece by "refinishing" B)

Oh yes, you have a rare one Jojo :thumbsupsmileyanim:

She is a beauty, like this watch.

I'm happy you waited for the gift by the way...I'm sure you guys will have a great evening ;)

Don't forget to pass my best wishes for the birthday!

Cheers

Stephane