When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you cahange the strap on a Radomir?

Aidan

It's a bit more fiddly than with a Luminor...

On the back, by the lug wires, you'll see four small screws. Undo them carefully (and don't lose them) and you'll be able to pull out the lug wires. (these are L shaped, not one large [ shape) swap the strap, and then carefully replace them, and the screws :) It is a bit fiddly, and should be done over a desk, but not impossible :) Best of luck :)

Let me just add... when you put the screws back after replacing the strap, don't forget to use some loctite blue to secure them. They tend to "disappear" and are very, very difficult to get. It would be a shame to turn a nice watch into a paperweight because of a missing screw.

Let me just add... when you put the screws back after replacing the strap, don't forget to use some loctite blue to secure them. They tend to "disappear" and are very, very difficult to get. It would be a shame to turn a nice watch into a paperweight because of a missing screw.

Is there really no supplier who can source the radiomir screws? I'm afraid of stripping the screws on mine and would love to have a replacement just in case. Anyone out there buy replacement screws? Suggestions please!

A tip that I find helps when fitting Radiomir straps is to put a small dab of Copydex type glue on the part of the lug wire that goes into the strap. Let it dry before putting into the strap, and then when you come to fitting, the wires stay roughly in place without swivelling everywhere and falling out at the slightest opportunity. :)

• 3 months later...

Unfortunatly I lost one of the screws! Do anybody knows where to get an replacement? Thanks for your quick reply!!!