When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Santos chrono

shultz

Hi there,

I am thinking about the purchase of a Cartier Santos chrono with swiss 7753 mvt. As this titem is expensive I would be happy for some information by the owners of that rep. Is the dial spot on? I can't judge it by just comparing pics from the net. The rep dial seems to be white but the gen silver?

hey shultz,

i have the cartier santos 100 chrono 7753, it is very accurate and worth getting. i've owned the swiss santos 100 non chrono 2 times, and sold it each time because i just was never fully happy with it, even with my HK tan strap. saw all the eye candy a year ago, and finally got one from Angus, I would try him. it took awhile, but he was able to get it for me. i ordered a gen cartier gator strap for it as well since i felt it deserved it. one note, the santos 100 and the santos 100 chrono strap sizes are different.

dave :victory:

I've read somewhere on the forum(s) that this rep is really accurate...however I've read as well that no dealer has it anymore in stock...so good luck in finding one on the 2nd hand market - they are really rare - I've never seen one FS

Agreed. . .the ones worth purchasing anyway.

hey shultz,

i have the cartier santos 100 chrono 7753, it is very accurate and worth getting.

dave :victory:

Dave,

could you compare the rep to the gen? I mean is the dial of the gen more silver? And how is the rep? White or silver?

BTW: How much did you pay for the 7753? You can drop me a pm B)

Thx!

Edited by shultz

Hey S,

I'm no Cartier expert, but I remember a couple seasoned members did quite a bit of research on it...maybe a search for the chrono 100. I know I did ALOT of research before deciding on it, the nice thing about the swiss 7753 version is no recessed date. The dial on mine is more white/cream, not silver which I believe is accurate. Watch was purchased from our good friend Angus who was able to source it, it did take him a few weeks but he came through like a champ. I'm more of a casual dresser so my PAMS get most of my wrist action, but I do love wearing it when I get a chance. Definitely large size and presence on the wrist. Funny thing, one of my favorite watches after college was my gen Cartier Santos, which today looks like a girls watch after all the super sizing we've been doing over the years. :victory:

The Santos 100 Chrono is one of my favorite watches. The dial is not silver, Its more of a cream color, but definitely has a silvery sheen to it. Spot on to the GEN. The strap itself is very good. (unlike the POS rubbery strap that comes on the non-chrono version)

I haven't decided if I am going to add a GEN gator strap to it or not. About $300-400 at the AD. HKTan also makes a good replacement for about 1/2 that.

The 7753 is the way to go with this one, The sunken DW was a deal breaker for me. The watch is so beautiful and accurate, its a shame to let a little thing like that ruin the watch. Big step up in price, though.

This one is a real keeper for me. I get the most compliments on this watch over any of my others.

@dave: Where did you order your strap? Most of the ADs i have been into, don't stock these and want you to give them a serial # to place an order.

Edited by jot9011

Ordered through an AD on the East Coast placed months ago, gen strap replacements take forever to show up. No serial # required, just credit card. I had a HKTan strap that was sent out with another watch from Angus which got snagged...so I lost the HKTan strap, Angus replaced the lost watch. I had the HKTan strap for the regular Santos 100 which I sold, very nice. The swiss 7753 was over $1000+ if I remember, it's been awhile, but a nice piece. ^_^

FOlks,

thanks a lot for all your help. Yes, the 7753 is a killer. I already own a PAM 196 with 7753 which is fully modded by The Zigmeister. A killer watch and it is running in C.O.S.C. quality. As for the size of the Santos: I am wearing watches like Super Avenger, Fiddy and some gens with 44 up to 47mm cases. So -literally :D - no big deal for me.

• 4 months later...