When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Rolex Replica

dwisner

Hey guys,

I am very new to all of this. I am just curious as to where is the best place to buy a Rolex Replica that is safe, dependable, and affordable. I don't want to spend over $250. I am looking at some Day Date Oyster Perpetuals. White gold with the white face and either sticks on the face or Roman numerals. I have done some looking around, but I don't know which websites are safe. Thanks in adavance for any input!

Plenty of options out there.

Probably best to get familiar with this site, which contains plenty of information pertaining to your request. Have a look around, read some reviews and research the sites referenced within. I'm sure you'll be able to find an answer to your question, though if you need additional information regarding a specific watch, dealer, site, etc. there are plenty of knowledgable and friendly people here to help.

Best of luck!

All of the Collectors listed in the Watch Collectors sections are generally considered safe & reliable. For buyers' experiences with a specific collector, read the Reviews section, which is there to answer your question.

If you have a specific question about a watch or collector, just ask. But please browse & read through the various relevant forums before posting 'Who is the best' or 'Which is the best' types of questions.

All of the Collectors listed in the Watch Collectors sections are generally considered safe & reliable. For buyers' experiences with a specific collector, read the Reviews section, which is there to answer your question.

If you have a specific question about a watch or collector, just ask. But please browse & read through the various relevant forums before posting 'Who is the best' or 'Which is the best' types of questions.

Haha. Sorry guys, I realized that this was a major pet peeve of the elders on the board. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Haha. Sorry guys, I realized that this was a major pet peeve of the elders on the board. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

I just wrote an article about Day-Date replicas. Read it here.

Happy hunting!

I just wrote an article about Day-Date replicas. Read it [http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=82047]here.

Happy hunting!

Thanks for all of your help. I decided to go with this pick: http://www.joshwatch.com/rldds01031-presid...836-p-3834.html

The Day Date is more of the classsical, conservative look I wanted to achieve without breaking the bank. For some reason, like I said I have been itching to get a prestigous watch. So now I have finally delved into the world of Reps. I assume this one will not be the last. Thanks Guys

Good stuff. And yes... This is an addictive hobby, so be prepared to part with some $$$!

:)

It seems that I have quite a bit of lingo to learn as well as maintenance concerns. I have know idea what most of these items are that people speak of such as crowns, ETA, and so on. I hope I don't get hazed for this as I am very green to the subject.

We need a glossary of sorts, methinks.

Crown = the winding crown (little knob) at 3:00 that allows you to set the date nd time and manually wind the watch if you feel so inclined :) Manual winding an auto watch, by the way is not recommended.

ETA = the type of movement your replica is likely to have. ETA is a movement manufacturer owned by the Swatch Group, and ETA produces several movements that are not only found in reps, but several gens as well. Be aware, however that there are Asian clones of the ETA movement.

The more and more you hang around and read, absorb, interact etc. the more likely you'll pick up the majority of these terms.

It seems that I have quite a bit of lingo to learn as well as maintenance concerns. I have know idea what most of these items are that people speak of such as crowns, ETA, and so on. I hope I don't get hazed for this as I am very green to the subject.

Pick up a copy of Wristwatch Annual. It contains an excellent lingo lexicon.

In the meantime, this may help a bit

crown_assembly1.jpg

We need a glossary of sorts, methinks.

Crown = the winding crown (little [censored]) at 3:00 that allows you to set the date nd time and manually wind the watch if you feel so inclined :) Manual winding an auto watch, by the way is not recommended.

ETA = the type of movement your replica is likely to have. ETA is a movement manufacturer owned by the Swatch Group, and ETA produces several movements that are not only found in reps, but several gens as well. Be aware, however that there are Asian clones of the ETA movement.

The more and more you hang around and read, absorb, interact etc. the more likely you'll pick up the majority of these terms.

I lurked for a while and noticed that the site I used seemed to be fairly popular around here. What say you? Also, do you have to wind the watch the first time you get it or should it be good to go?

You can actually swirl the watch around in the palm of your hand, similar to how you might swirl brandy in a snifter. Gentle motions and after a while, the auto rotor will generate enough winding of the mainspring to get it started. Once you've got it going, give it a few more motions and set the date/time and strap it to your wrist. Your activity throughout the day will wind the watch and keep it wound.

I lurked for a while and noticed that the site I used seemed to be fairly popular around here. What say you? Also, do you have to wind the watch the first time you get it or should it be good to go?

While everyone has their own take, I tend to defer to Rolex on the subject starting a new or unworn/unwound Swiss-made watch movement (including ETA). Read the green tag

servicestuffrl7.jpg

Good reading and glossary of terms:

The care and feeding of mechanical movements.

The reason why manual winding is typically not advised:

On a 7750...

...on an ETA 2824...

...and in general...

You can manually wind a few turns to get the movement going, but as I mentioned prior, the same can be achieved with motion as well.

Edited. Hopefully those links are fixed.

So virtually my watch being shipped through a carrier on a car will feel enough movement to essentially keep it moving, or does it need more of a swirling motion?Also to wind, do your turn the crown clockwise or counter, and does winding set the date and time or do you do that by countering the turn of the crown from that of the wind?

Your watch has a power reserve which is essentially determined by the length of the mainspring. Winding the watch winds the mainspring which then provides tension that slowly releases. Without getting too technical, this is more or less what powers your watch. Most ETAs have a power reserve of around 40 hours +/-; anytime the power reserve runs out, the watch will stop. You'll then need to restart the watch again and reset the time and date. If you have an automatic and wear this watch on a daily basis, the power reserve will likely stay pretty static; the auto rotor will wind the watch as it moves from the motion of your arm.

Setting the time and date is performed via the crown; the first position after unscrewing the crown from the tube is winding, the second position is setting the date (and day if you have a day-date) and the thrid position sets the time.

Your watch has a power reserve which is essentially determined by the length of the mainspring. Winding the watch winds the mainspring which then provides tension that slowly releases. Without getting too technical, this is more or less what powers your watch. Most ETAs have a power reserve of around 40 hours +/-; anytime the power reserve runs out, the watch will stop. You'll then need to restart the watch again and reset the time and date. If you have an automatic and wear this watch on a daily basis, the power reserve will likely stay pretty static; the auto rotor will wind the watch as it moves from the motion of your arm.

Setting the time and date is performed via the crown; the first position after unscrewing the crown from the tube is winding, the second position is setting the date (and day if you have a day-date) and the thrid position sets the time.

I know that these questions are borderline retarded, but when you say unscrew the crown, does it literally unscrew or does it pull out in a series of clicks? The first click pulled out is winding, the second day date adjustment, and the third pull out would set the time? Thank you for all of your help. I'm already eyeing a second investment!!! :D

I know that these questions are borderline retarded, but when you say unscrew the crown, does it literally unscrew or does it pull out in a series of clicks? The first click pulled out is winding, the second day date adjustment, and the third pull out would set the time? Thank you for all of your help. I'm already eyeing a second investment!!! :D

Also, I was looking on the website from which I ordered my watch. They had links that said Zcustom and they were worth X amount of money. Are those watches caught by customs and that is what they owe to get it?

It's here!!!!! How do I set the day/Date?