When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best DeepSea to date?

pfran42

Just found this "newer" DeepSea over at Pam111. The CGs look a lot better than Josh's IMHO.

I would love to get opinions on strengths/flaws as I definitely want a DeepSea in the future

Here are the details:

W-3648 AUTOMATIC ETA 2836 FOR MAN

SEA-DWELLER DEEPSEA

Diameter of case:43mm * 17.8mm / Stainless steel case

Movement: Automatic ETA 2836-25j

Glass: Domed Sapphire crystal

- 3:00: date

- M serial

- Uni-directional bezel

- Closed 6 & 9 on date wheel

- Solid case back with Titanium Seal

- Screws on the band

- Serial no. & model no. between lugs

W3648-1.jpg

W3648-19.jpg

W3648-22.jpg

W3648-23.jpg

W3648-4.jpg

W3648.jpg

Gen pics for comparison:

Gen.jpg

GenDial.jpg

GENCG.jpg

GenHEV.jpg

GenHEV2.jpg

GENRingLockSystem.jpg

GENClasp.jpg

GENCaseback.jpg

GENWrist.jpg

GENAngle.jpg

The better pictures of this rep tempt me also.....the watch is wrong vs. the gen but looks well constructed. BUT..........take it from a guy with a ton of experience jumping the gun...WAIT FOR THE ULTIMATE VERSION! Timing? I can only venture a guess....end of the year to end of first quarter 2009. Would not surprise me if its ready for the Christmas season.

Hmmm, i think that the factories have replicated the case very well now...

The bracelet remains an issue as this certain bracelet is unacceptable ...

I forgot.... : How about the lume?? Yeah, ok, i know the weak lume in all rlx reps but at least it has to be a blue lume.... Yellow lume would also be unacceptable

im waiting someone to have this Deep Sea Rolex replica watch reviewed .... I dont care for some flaws (like crown guards, super lume etc)

Only the bezel & polished middle links (but if i can brush them by myself easily...)

I can't take no more this anxiety. I've emailed Paul to see if the clasp is just like the one trusty sells and got affirmative response so I'm taking the plunge with the asian version (179$ shipped).

The bracelet matter can be easily fixed with a 400 grain sand paper, scotch pad to buff and give satin finish and then a bit of Cape Cod. This I've done before with the bracelet of my invicta submariner, which had polished middle links.

The bezel is a regular steel one, but engraved to give it a ceramic look. I guess one will be able to switch the insert to a ceramic one later when the improved version goes out at the end of the year.

Wish me luck gentlemen!

I think that is the trusty josh one, the cut out at the back of the crown guards gives it away as theres

Hey Fxr the one Freddy was referring can be found at this siteLink to watch

Shame they don't have an english language site. The price is 42000 JPY, that makes 271 EUR or 396 USD.

I think is way better than josh and trusty's ones. At least this has the stainless steel he-valve, non titanium version like the ones before. The bracelet and clasp are all brushed as well. The rehaut inscriptions are black and not fadish grey. But the best is the bezel, I think it's made from true ceramic, looking thoroughly at the photos.

I think we have a winner gentlemen. My luck I haven't taken the plunge yet to Paul's one.

If a japanese speaker or reader is among us, any hints or tips will be welcome.

Hey Fxr the one Freddy was referring can be found at this siteLink to watch

Shame they don't have an english language site. The price is 42000 JPY, that makes 271 EUR or 396 USD.

I think is way better than josh and trusty's ones. At least this has the stainless steel he-valve, non titanium version like the ones before. The bracelet and clasp are all brushed as well. The rehaut inscriptions are black and not fadish grey. But the best is the bezel, I think it's made from true ceramic, looking thoroughly at the photos.

I think we have a winner gentlemen. My luck I haven't taken the plunge yet to Paul's one.

If a japanese speaker or reader is among us, any hints or tips will be welcome.

It is a shame the messed up the GC's so badly on that one. It can't be modded!!! Other than that, it seems that they are making real progress. Here is a pic from something I posted earlier. The bottom pic shows the same CG's as the DSSD being put out by that Japanese site, so it still applies:

REPCGCompare.jpg