When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Need Help From The Breitling Experts Regarding The Blacksteel ...

wheaton26

hi guys, i have similar questions into the dealer, but wanted the experts to weigh in. watchstation posted these pics (see below) of the blacksteel with fixed lume dot at 3, but he is still recognizing it as a v1? can someone verify if this is the v2 we've been anticipating from our regular dealers or is this just the v1 with fixed dot? also, do you think the price of $285 is fair? any suggestions would be helpful as my finger is on the paypal button right now. thanks in advance!

IMG_0324-sma.jpg

IMG_0326-sma.jpg

not that i am an expert, but thats the v1 alright. half lume dot at 3 fixed, but still pvd coating.

i am looking to get a skyland just now too, a black steel on ocean racer strap is a tempting combo, but the v2 does appear to look much nicer in black

Edited by rob_s

so what do you do with no help from the experts in three hours ... you pull the trigger! lol. it should be in my hands next week. then i'll be the expert.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. Remember...this is a pretty limited release, so the odds of anyone, even at an AD who has seen one will be rare. The odds of anyone outside of a true Breitling expert knowing the differences between the gen and the V1 rep are really rare.

The odds of anyone picking out the colour difference without a side by side comparison, in varying light conditions in the real world (i.e. different from non-colour corrected monitors in the internet world) are really really rare.

I got a Swiss movement waiting for V2. V1 looks great too. But I would definitely give Ubi's suggestion a go. It even worked nicely on the original Chrono Avenger rep lightening up the ti closer to gen. We will never know why but I always wondered why the rep oxidizes faster. I guess we can chalk that one up to lower quality metal. :)

hey guys. I'm a newbie here to he forum. I read over and over about the "lume" dot at 3 being the most easily recognizable factor in the rep. Could someone kindly explain what is the lume dot? Are you all refering to the lumenescent dot at 3 o'clock not being properly aligned as I believe I see a white circle drawn used to guide the white dot? Can someone please take the time to educate me?

thanks.