When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first true PAM repair job...

TeeJay

...and the patient survived :thumbsupsmileyanim:

When winding my 113, I noticed that when letting go of the crown, it sounded like it was 'un-winding' a little, with the 'big wheel' slipping back (I'm not too sure of the proper part names) At first, I was looking at the 'catch' which stops the 'big wheel' reversing on itself, and wondered if the small 'beak' on it might have worn away, meaning it wasn't interacting with the wheel's teeth properly. However, on a closer inspection, I saw that the 'beak' was actually passing under the teeth, so, very carefully, I pressed down on the 'big wheel', and tightened it's screw...

The movement now winds properly again, without any 'unwinding' :victory:

Only a simply thing, I know, but I'm really pleased that I managed to diagnose the fault and fix it myself, without killing the movement ^_^

Congrats TJ! Those first little repairs are the most rewarding...I've been there! (Actually, I'm still there haha)

Glad to hear your PAM's ok

They sure are rewarding :) Baby steps, for sure, but, all building for bigger and better things :) Now I'm really looking forwards to my planned custom-build PAM project, and movement transplants :)

It feels good to do it your self doesnt it!

It sure does :lol: Oh the projects I now have planned ^_^

Congrats, TJ!

I'll keep this in mind should I ever meet that same issue.

It feels good to do it your self doesnt it!

Well... not as good as doing it with a nice woman. :lol:

Congrats, TJ!

I'll keep this in mind should I ever meet that same issue.

Thanks :) Once I realized what the problem actually was, it was just a few turns of the screwdriver to fix :)

Way to go TJ!

nothing better when things work out :)

laz

Indeed, and, we all have to start somewhere :) This can only lead to bigger and better things :)