When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap combo on a 063

lazarini

Lovely! :rolleyes:

great looking combo, for the moment my watch is on the way i have a HKTan custom crock that ill put on it for starters ... and then ill take it from there :)

Simona is one of the makers im always on a lookout for... vintage tan and vintage green being my favorite choice for this piece ...

Thx for taking the time m8 ... keep em coming guys.

Laz

Ahh thx k. for taking ure time to post these here appreciated :tu:

yet this confirms what i had im mind as much as i like to put my 111h more on the calf straps... i prefer the 63/29/23 on crocks, gators for some reason.

More and more im thinking deployment or buckle and a 24/22 gator for this one either black or brown color...

Historic piece on calf ... contemporary on a gator? I mean its not a rule and anyone has its own taste.

All do i had a few deployment buckles on a pam i tend to stay with tang buckles in the end ...

Choices ... choices ;)

Anyone more ? Opinions, comments? Straps cost an alot these days gotta get this one right ;)

Laz

Hi lads,

what strap is a good combo on the 063. Pics if u have please ...

Suggestions and recommendations are welcome ;)

Laz

Funny you should ask. I just received mine back from servicing yesterday and am wearing it today for the first time in a long time, with a Brindle strap from vintagerstraps.com... I'll try to take a pic tonight.

Apologies Fat.tail. I must have copied it some time ago and lumped it into a bunch of pics of mine. I suspect your pics may have been my inspiration for picking up the strap - so I owe you a thanks - twice. :) The funny thing is I do have the same strap but didn't even notice it was a gen 63 which I don't have. ;) Congrats on a very nice watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I was going to say that dial looked awefully good.... ;-)

Kruz - What's an A/B strap? Love the patina.

Yeah, I know I am an idiot on that one. Been spending my GMT time with the 23 so I didn't even look at my pics. And on the A/B strap it is literally a strap that was made in the 98-2000 time frame. In some ways they are more primitive (stitching isn't perfectly straight, sides not perfectly finished, etc.) but the actual skin "seems" thicker, has more texture and a rougher finish (at least on the two I have) than more modern straps. And they usually are sold as used and so at a good price.

Yeah, I know I am an idiot on that one. Been spending my GMT time with the 23 so I didn't even look at my pics. And on the A/B strap it is literally a strap that was made in the 98-2000 time frame. In some ways they are more primitive (stitching isn't perfectly straight, sides not perfectly finished, etc.) but the actual skin "seems" thicker, has more texture and a rougher finish (at least on the two I have) than more modern straps. And they usually are sold as used and so at a good price.

Ah OK an A/B series OEM strap... Duh. :rolleyes:

Apologies Fat.tail. I must have copied it some time ago and lumped it into a bunch of pics of mine. I suspect your pics may have been my inspiration for picking up the strap - so I owe you a thanks - twice. :) The funny thing is I do have the same strap but didn't even notice it was a gen 63 which I don't have. ;) Congrats on a very nice watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

No apologies necessary whatsoever, as the pics are fair game and I am not out to make a big deal of it.

The pic is from from Big Bruce's public store website and he has 10 more to choose from.

My quickest 'tell' between gen and rep 63s is the hour marker at the GMT '2', with the gen's being slightly offset.

You'll also notice the very slight flaw on my hour hand.

I also didnt mean to hijack the thread....

Edited by fat.tail.event