When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Well no good big Pilot, so i built my own!

FxrAndy

Well the lack of a good big pilot i decided the based on the success of my last project the skeleton for my wife

DSC00924.jpg

i decided to build some thing for my self. Thanks to Avitt for the inspiration from his one, I decided on the 45deg bezel, with Double AR Sapphire, Bead blasted German made case, Asian 6498 movement and a SUPER lumed dial and hands the same as his, and this is Grrrrrreat Lume! Currently sitting on a black Breitling leather and deployant. The whole thing only takes a couple of hours to put together and that is with care and a break to watch a program about Luxury watches Did any German members see it on N-TV) I would rather have built it with centre seconds, a screw down crown and the Pilot dial instead but i am VERY happy with it. A couple of mates at work saw the parts today and after they had seen the one for the wife asked me to make them a watch. Well enough of me, my crap photos now.

DSC00938.jpg

The IWC pilot type dial and centre seconds would be nice but i am happy

DSC00939.jpg

Would it look better with a polished case and matt bezel

DSC00942.jpg

A bit plain maybe

DSC00941.jpg

This shot was taken with the lights on just no direct light on the dial

DSC00943.jpg

This one was taken with my desk light turned off but still in a light room

DSC00946.jpg

Avitt's with a low onion crown and slight domed crystal

img3741rt2.jpg

Thank you Avitt for the inspiration

What would i do next time

i would use the more expensive skeleton movement if i can get one with seconds @ 6, maybe a polished case , brushed case back and bezel? what would you change

BTW all those people now thinking they could build a Tourby watch for less forget it, you cant, his movements alone make his a million times better and his are built by a Pro not an idiot like me.

T I will get one of yours one of these days but this is fun right now

Verrry niice, Andy!

How long do you think it will be before there is a Chinese center-seconds movement?

The availability of these parts has my imagination running wild...I've already planned out my next two watches.