When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement of Sumarine

hsn111

Perhaps a little more information is in order.

When the watch stops, is it while you are wearing it, or is it while it is sitting stationary in your watch box, or on your dresser, night table, etc?

When your watch stops, is it when the hour and minutes hands are in close proximity (i.e. perhaps they are touching as they overlap)?

Do yourself a favor. If it truely does need repair have a local watchmaker do the work. Otherwise you are looking at waiting months after you send it back to China. I sent a watch back to him (Andrew) at Trusty Time and waited over three months for a refund! If you have the ETA movement any good watch smith should be able to repair it or replace it if need be.

Do yourself a favor. If it truely does need repair have a local watchmaker do the work. Otherwise you are looking at waiting months after you send it back to China. I sent a watch back to him (Andrew) at Trusty Time and waited over three months for a refund! If you have the ETA movement any good watch smith should be able to repair it or replace it if need be.

Thank u 2 share me ur experince and i think i will try 2 find someone who can finx 4 me here.

Dont wind it by hand! Jesus!

If you wear it it should keep running

Please follow this advise. Wear the watch or put it in an auto watch winder. If it hasn't run in a while it will take some time for it to store the needed energy to keep it running. Even real subs need to be moving and will stop after a day and a half if not worn or kept in a winder. I just bought a winder so I don't have to wind them and reset the time .

Edited by CJT74

Actually winding it by hand is the thing to do, it should garanty a full winding (unlike wearing it)

a gen rolex or ETA should last for about 48h when fully winded. i imagine any asian auto should be in that range.

so if it's runing for only 2 hours after you let it idle there is definitively somthing wrong.

Now if just wear it for 10 mnts and let it idle that an other story ...

Hand winding can break the movement, especially if its Asian. The Zigmeister said it, making it a commandment ;)

Actually winding it by hand is the thing to do, it should garanty a full winding (unlike wearing it)

a gen rolex or ETA should last for about 48h when fully winded. i imagine any asian auto should be in that range.

so if it's runing for only 2 hours after you let it idle there is definitively somthing wrong.

Now if just wear it for 10 mnts and let it idle that an other story ...

I read so much conflict on here about to wind or not to wind. What's the score there? Even when out of the box, you shouldn't wind it? When you buy gens Omega etc they tell you to wind it don't they, at least initially? Some even 40 to 60 times before you wear it? Do they all vary?

If a watch is stopped fully it should be manually wound about 30 full turns. This should be done very carefully and deliberately. After that, wearing it will keep the movement running. An automatic winder is a good Idea but you will still have to set the time and adjust the date from time to time.

In your case you should have the movement looked at by a local watch smith or watchmaker. There is no such thing as a 2 hour power reserve. There is definately something wrong with your watch.

watch smith said that there was a problem in automatic movement joint wich was lose.

I imagine that an "automatic movement joint" would be an unusual problem ;) Perhaps it was a loose rotor but...wouldn't manually winding the movement slowly about 30-40 turns let it run for 46 hours or so. Regardless, I am glad that you were able to resolve the problem to your satisfaction.