When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Purchased the Swis ETA SFSO, now what?

gunsandguitars

Is there another Breitling rep of this quality I should know about?

Do a search (I'm sure the name "Skyland" will pop up a few times - among others !!). :D

Do a search (I'm sure the name "Skyland" will pop up a few times - among others !!). :D

...Oh, and did I mention "SOH"?........ (etc... etc...) :D

why not wear and enjoy the one you just bought? i know its an addictive hobby, but its worth nothing if you dont fully apperciate and enjoy the "bird in the hand"

Yes, good point.

However I'm looking at this as a bit of a savings account.

Save up half a dozen reps, then sell here to my brothers of the wrist bling for enough to buy authentic.

I'll probably always have the SFSO, I have it on right now.

This thing is amazing.

Yes, good point.

However I'm looking at this as a bit of a savings account.

Save up half a dozen reps, then sell here to my brothers of the wrist bling for enough to buy authentic.

I know that 'money in the bank' or 'safe as houses' don't have the same comforting ring that they used to, but I still wouldn't recommend reps as a good investment / savings strategy, unless you have a crystal ball and can buy those that quickly get replaced by lesser watches and become 'grails'. E.g. 'old school' SMP, v1 chrono Avengers etc.

Better to buy an old-fashioned piggy bank.

I know that 'money in the bank' or 'safe as houses' don't have the same comforting ring that they used to, but I still wouldn't recommend reps as a good investment / savings strategy, unless you have a crystal ball and can buy those that quickly get replaced by lesser watches and become 'grails'. E.g. 'old school' SMP, v1 chrono Avengers etc.

Better to buy an old-fashioned piggy bank.

...or make payments on a gen Rolex. They always go up in price...a lot.

yeah Chad, the 46mm Super Ocean Heritage with eta movement won the "as is from the factory" waterproof test, and it's dead on accurate, though knowing you, it may not be your taste. Honestly get the corrected dial Super Avenger Chrono or save your pennies until the ultimate Deep Sea Seadweller comes out. Doubt my wisdom, you must not, mmmm.

I would recommend the "ultimate" BCE and avenger skyland V2 in terms of accuracy, and the blackbird in terms of beauty (although not so accurate). I would not sell a swiss SOSF unless I buy a gen instead. This is a top quality rep with almost the same movement as the gen (breitling caliber 17 is based on ETA 2824-2). I have mine for about a year and it is perfect. Enjoy.

yeah Chad, the 46mm Super Ocean Heritage with eta movement won the "as is from the factory" waterproof test, and it's dead on accurate, though knowing you, it may not be your taste. Honestly get the corrected dial Super Avenger Chrono or save your pennies until the ultimate Deep Sea Seadweller comes out. Doubt my wisdom, you must not, mmmm.

Where can I see pics of the Deep Sea Seadweller, and when will it be out?

I think that would be fun.