When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland V2 strange lume dot at 4

Antonio_Montana

Hi all,

got a skyland graphite v2 from eurotimez today and i am very happy with it that it arrived, nice to not have any worries for customs troubles :)

I didnt unwrap it yet because of the following thing i noticed and i was wondering if that could be a reason to send it back:

The lume dot at the 4 is realy weird, it looks like they mispalced it (as many other skylands have) but they also painted the white circle black so the misaligment isnt that easy to see... but it is clearly to little and when looked upon closely you will see the blackened white circle. See for yourself:

02102008961ih6.th.jpgthpix.gif

So what i'm asking is whether or not this is a reason to send this one back or should i just be happy with it and isnt this a big of a deal since all skylands have lume problems? All other lume dots seem ok by the way. Is this one realy bad?

I agree with b16a2. The Skylands in general (doesn't matter which version) are notoroious for misaligned lume dots.

You will likely be able to send it back if you want, but it's always a risk (I've sent a number of watches back to China with ZERO problems...but it's always a risk)...and often, 1 step forward 2steps back...you will get another watch with a fixed dot at 4...but crappy ones at 2 and 8...

If you don't have an existing relationship with your collector (i.e. you haven't bought a number of watches from them...this is your first)...then don't expect them to spend a whole lot of time with you. They will fix big problems...but QC problems of a known issue will have low priority.

Remember...if you return back to China...it will cost about $20 for the shipping...and a 2 month delay likely.

first mistake - don't look at the watch magnified :)

youl be happier that way

lume dots are all over the place on these models - par for the course

Hehe you i know, but looking with the eye i see the dot is too small so that is why i checked it with the magnifier what the problem was ;) And offcourse i am focused on the dots because of these reviews over here and nobody will notice it besides the real watch fanatics :)

Thanks for all the comments, i will now unwrap this one, post a dealersreview and wear it with pride! B)

CRAP!

Being so anal about the lume dots i didnt notice at first the watch isnt working at all! After shaking it gently and even turning the crown slowly one round the movement doesnt start :wallbash:

I wrote my dealer how we can get this fixed... pff hope it will be fixed fast.

To be continued...

Well now you have a reason to have them replace the watch. Hopefully the replacement will have better lume.

CRAP!

Being so anal about the lume dots i didnt notice at first the watch isnt working at all! After shaking it gently and even turning the crown slowly one round the movement doesnt start :wallbash:

Mine had weird lume dots all the way around the dial...which I think is better than just a couple. consistency makes it look almost planned and I don't find it an issue at all:

Breitling-Background2.jpg

CRAP!

I wrote my dealer how we can get this fixed... pff hope it will be fixed fast.

To be continued...

you need to wind that puppy 100x, not 1x :)

it's a good idea, when you get your watch, to wind it to full power - it needs a little break in time to work the oil and wear the metal (like breaking in your new car engine) - new movements have more load on them until they run for a while

many will disagree with the 100x - you can always give it 30-40 winds if you feel more comfortable but you can't over wind it, it's built to slip when it reaches the end

once it reaches full power - then see how she goes - remember not to set the date while the time is between 7:00 and 2:00 as this can damage it

the lume @ 4 is poor - as others have said, risky to return - this is what you get with drop shipping

in future, you have the option to use a dealer that will send you pics 1st before the watch is shipped or you can use a dealer that will go the extra mile and do quality control