When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

iPhone Charging...

TeeJay

Is it okay to keep an iPhone in its docking cradle (plugged into the mains) even when it has reached a full charge? The manual didn't clarify this, and I was wondering if it would harm the battery, or if it would simply not draw power it did not need...

Thanks in advance :)

PS: Yes, I finally caved in and got one :p My i32 HiPhone was getting pretty 'twitchy', and wouldn't hold a charge. I figured a new battery wouldn't solve the issue of its 'twitchiness', so it was as easy to replace, so, I bought a 6 month old non 3g iPhone off the Bay. It had only ever been used in a silicone sleeve, so it is in pristine condition B) I just wish I'd bought one earlier, rather than faffing about with clones :lol:

I leave mine in the cradle overnight, charging, awaiting its duty as my alarm clock. It probably spends a few hours every night sitting in the cradle fully charged.

It's perfectly safe to leave it in all the time; them's clever electronics inside.

Thanks for the replies guys, I thought best to check, as I didn't want to bake the battery by leaving it in the cradle if it would've kept drawing power :-D All the display phones I've seen have always had cradles, so I guess that should've been my clue :-D Thanks again :-) This post was made by iPhone via the home WiFi :-D

i would imagine it would be like a blackberry cradle (or charger or car charger) that stops charging once a full charge is reached. you'll be ok, i keep my nokia n82 charging overnight and never had problems with my 3 previous sony ericsson's in the same situation... don't think i've ever had a problem with losing charge...

Yes, it stops charging and uses the external source instead of the battery to power the phone while its in the cradle. This will make your battery live for longer.

Yay! I'll give your bucket back now :p

Did you see the new Nokia N96 has downgraded their battery from the N95 8GB back to the old N95 battery? Awful decision!

Have to admit, I'm rather liking the iPhone now I've been able to use one for an extended period :blush:

Genius playlists... Literally, genius B) I spent the afternoon on iTunes blending a 123 track playlist into the optimal running order, so they all just flow together :) Then I find out, that airline companies don't like people using their phones in Aeroplane mode... <_< To add insult to injury, the iPod shuffle doesn't support playlists, so I'll be reduced to listening to either 'straight up albums', or total shuffles.. <_< Oh well, the iPhone has the list, which will be okay for car/train journeys and walking into town :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think it's safe to say that the iPhone does everything the iClones do, just better :) Such as turning the phone to landscape orientation and getting a scientific calculator. Awesome :) Wish I'd bought one sooner :good: