When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vice presidential debate

andreww

Am I the only person on the planet that thinks Sarah Palin is in way over her head? Watching the debate from beginning to end last night I was left with the clear impression that this woman did not have a clear understanding of any of the key issues. It seemed to me that she was reading most of her answers from a TelePrompTer, and when asked for rebuttals to Joe Biden's answers, she simpley changed the topic to something she was comfortable talking about (energy). I you Americans feel comfortable being referred to as "Joe six-packs" by your future leaders, then I am dumbfounded.

I thought Palin was totally outmatched in this debate. However, I was shocked to see the reactions of the so called "experts" on the post debate shows. It seems the consensus was that there was "no clear winner", and the debate will have "no profound effect" on the election outcome. Was I was watching the same debate as everybody else?

I agree with your comments. I watched CNN this morning and there was a segment where she said to the effect of - I may not have answered all your (moderator) questions but I will speak to all the americans... That sounds like a reply from someone who came ill prepared. Her expression and tone could do better in delivering the message. The CNN viewer poll shows Biden won.

Yes, but the general expectation was that she would be so much worse that the overall effect was that she wasn't that bad. If you have seen the interview with Couric on CBS you will know what I mean.

Nevertheless, you are correct, she was generally vague and off point. To anyone who really has their eyes open, it is painfully clear that she lacks even the most rudimentary grasp on a variety of basic issues.

I don't think a vice presidential candidate should say "don't ya know?" in the Fargo accent. I see Nanuq is reading this and I fully expect to receive an ass ripping over it but that is how I feel. She did not answer the questions she was asked. I really think you could ask her what two plus two was and receive an answer on how to make fried chicken.

She'd be fine as VP (anyone remember Dan Quayle?). That's a position where you really can get on-the-job training.

It's a little bit of a concern that she'd be a "heartbeat away" from the presidency....

But what freaks me out even more is knowing that Nancy Pelosi is only two beats away!!! :headhurt:

I thinks thats why she was scripted last night. I don't think they will let her open her mouth without a script again. Lets see her on Bill O'rielly of Larry King.

Bill O'Reilly would softball her, he is a Republican. It would still be scriped. Put her on Jerry Springer, with her unwed underage pregnant daughter and the daughter's self proclaimed "[censored]' redneck" boyfriend would fit right in.

As an aside, how can you be a "[censored]' redneck" that far North in cold weather? It baffles the mind.

In America Reps will always see their candidate winning and Dems will always see their side as victorious. As a Canadian with no affiliations, it was blatantly obvious who one. I won't even debate that fact! If you honestly think that Palin won that debate, then we have nothing to talk about.