When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Old vs New - 1665, 16600

takashi

Just recently took these pictures:

PA051693.jpg

PA051699.jpg

PA051701.jpg

PA051711.jpg

Tritium vs Luminova, took the insert from 16660

PA051715.jpg

PA051720.jpg

PA051721.jpg

Don't know why... The 1665 seems to be a winner for me. Don't care about the Comex on the dial (just very surprised to learn the value of the gen article). I keep wearing 1665 most of the time.

;) Thank you for your compliments. Case is standard MBW (I believe is one of the newer one), He valve is actually non working, some older MBW case actually have gen like construction (I think Nanuq wrote about it). CG is trimmed, lug holes not yet drilled, He valve modified.

Total of 4 persons have laid hands on this watch (to do work on it) and I really and truly thank them all.

PS: I don't care about getting called out but I do enjoy wearing this 1665 a lot. It's a big head turner sometimes.

Just recently took these pictures:

PA051693.jpg

PA051699.jpg

PA051701.jpg

PA051711.jpg

Tritium vs Luminova, took the insert from 16660

PA051715.jpg

PA051720.jpg

PA051721.jpg

Don't know why... The 1665 seems to be a winner for me. Don't care about the Comex on the dial (just very surprised to learn the value of the gen article). I keep wearing 1665 most of the time.

Outstanding Lume job :wub:

Ah good question... This should be directed to Kelster who did excellent job in the hotel room at 2 am in the morning :lol:

More details here with video:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=76163&st=0

It turns out that this case doesn't need to be drilled so the countersink needs not be recreated. Just retapping the case to install tube will do. I have learnt that there are several version of MBW case. They are not the same. Some case needs to be drilled before retapped (in this case, won't be a straightforward job).

I really owe this to the experts present in Germany. Awesome job they have done.