When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Too good to be true?

Shundi

Many of these cheap Rolexes are redials. This lower the value pretty much. Hard to tell from the pictures, but I find it a bit suspicious.

Often when they do the redial, they add the "Superlative Chronometer.." thing.. To beef up resale value.. :(

The small vintage Oysterdate is a nice watch though. I have had a few of them and never lost money on resale. Just shop carefully. :)

Shundi, a good place to enquire is on WatchUseek or TimeZone.

There are a lot of vinatge watch collectors on there who could help.

Be careful they don't poach it from you though :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Crappy pics, but it doesn't look like a redial to me... it does look like some fashion watch kiosk bench warmer swapped out the crystal, and probably trashed (or scammed) the rotor while doing it... if he's got movement pics that match the case pics (as in you can see they are the same watch), I'd say go for it.

So when are you gonna post a pic or three of the ol' Glass? I miss her.

Opps, wouldn't let me edit...

Rob!!!! Good to see you man! Tried to send you a PM a month or so ago to see how things were going but..apparently a ton of us had the same idea...inbox was full...

As requested:

dscf0348ri2.th.jpg

glashutte0220701movtxk6.th.jpg

Hope everything is going well, keep in touch!

Also, managed to get a movement picture...there's a reason why the caseback isn't shown... movement's a Cal 390 Tudor. I managed to find a guy in Canada looking for a 390 in any condition that was willing to pay more than the auction price for the watch so I convinced the seller to end early, nabbed the watch cheap and then turned around and resold to the gentleman in Canada. After the paypal fees, shipping, etc I walked away with almost 35% more than I paid for the watch. Thanks for the assistance guys, yeah it was defiantly not a "Rolex".