When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new toy! '05 YCM HBB!

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Yesterday I finally received my long awaited piece.

A 2005 Yacht Club de Monaco Big Bang.

After 3 HBBs (all SS, SS/PVD, RG/Cer) I believe this one is the best for me and also the best rep HBB available today.

52129323du2.jpg

This is a rep of a watch that was issued by Hublot for Monaco Yacht Club in 2005. It was a limited edition run of 250 pieces.

Both gen and rep are made of exactly same materials: SS and Ceramic.

56412455qf7.jpg

Basically it is a regular SS/Ceramic HBB but it comes with solid caseback and YCM logo on the dial:

(please excuse the dust, did not notice it when I took the pic)

61956561zh0.jpg

As we all know the biggest giveaway in our HBBs is the fact that most of them come with see-through caseback that shows the asian 7750 which is not finished to standards that can be found in gen HBB but also has different rotor bearing and in most cases stickers on rotor and bridge. What was also a problem for me is that rep comes with mineral/plastic? case back crystal that just does not feel right.

Here we don't have such problem - YCM comes with beautifully engraved solid caseback:

47955429ns8.jpg

A beauty to look at and you do not need to feel uncomfortable when someone else is giving your watch a closer look anymore.

I decided to change strap to a smooth one as I find regular HBB strap too cheap looking and now I finally feel I found a perfect HBB for me. Not too flashy like RG/Ceramic, not too common like all SS or SS/PVD and virtually spot-on to boot.

Here are some gen pics for reference:

80353630mr4.jpg

42789461uy4.jpg

10533338gn7.jpg

Pretty close, isn't it? :)

Guest Sql_pl

Yes, not too many of these being worn around.

I have only just seen the first gen in a cafe here like 4 days ago worn by a guy I was introduced to once so hopefully I will have a chance to handle it oneday, I did not want to interrupt his meeting now talking how I love his watch :)

I got this fantastic watch too.B)

I bought 8 mouths ago from PT .

And...............I love it!

On mine there are some strange blue crystal light reflex;

I think to get A/R coating to solve.

Seeing your pictures, your one is not afflicted by this ( litle) problem. :)

Guest Sql_pl

I got it from Angus but I had to ask him for polished ceramic as he has this model listed on his website with brushed bezel which is not correct for this particular model.

The watch is around $500 now so I guess it is quite a good price considering that Ceramic models used to cost 700 or more not that long ago... my rose gold/ceramic one was 1100 and now they are like 640-680...

Smooth strap is fantastic and for me suits the watch better. Looks way more classy and expensive than regular patterned one.

As for the clasp - I never really had any problems with HBB clasps in any of my watches but I know some people reported that their clasps were digging into their wrists.

• 3 weeks later...

"... living next door to Angus... Angus? Who the [censored] is Angus?" :) :)

Sorry could not stop myself.

Angus is the dealer - you can check his website www.puretimewatch.com

Thanks!

The watch is stunning and the case back looks spot-on, but doesn't that sunken date wheel take away from such a rare and pricey watch?

I realize it's the common issue with the sub dial layout and the A7750, I guess maybe some people can live with it.

The watch is stunning and the case back looks spot-on, but doesn't that sunken date wheel take away from such a rare and pricey watch?

I realize it's the common issue with the sub dial layout and the A7750, I guess maybe some people can live with it.

Please have a look at these gen HBBs:

hublot301sb131rx2.jpg

hublot301cb1001rx2.jpg

hublot301sb131rx1.jpg

Gens are also modified 7750s - they also have sunken datewheels.