When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Orange Doxa diver reviews!

By-Tor

answered my own quesiton...

Q. What is the relationship between DOXA and Jenny (pronounced Yanni) watches? Why does the fish logo for both look related?

A. Ever heard about the famous Jenny Caribbean diver's watch from the seventies, water resistant to 1000m (The first 1000 meter water resistant and patented wristwatch ever mad, incorporating the monocoque design)? - The logo shows a fish but implements the 'J' from the name Jenny as well. Now what has that to do with the DOXA SUB 300T re-issue ? - The Jenny Family are also Trademark Holder of DOXA S.A. - Mr. Jenny is DOXA S.A's CEO. JENNY (pronounced YANNI), it was his grand father who contributed with his know how to build the DOXA first SUB diver watch and he also manufactured watches for names like AQUADIVE, FORTIS, PHILIP WATCHES, EISENHARDT, JACQUES DROZ, and others. The case was revolutionary in that the case was made out of 1 piece so the movement was removed from the front.

I usually tend to like domed x-tals more than flat, but I can live with it I guess. The case is what does it for me with Doxas. Nothing out there has such a unique case IMHO. Oh, and the bead bracelet is awsome. One of the most comfortable out there. I just wish it was 24mm. They did address this with the 5000's though.

I didn't have the 5000 Mil, but I had a 5000T for a short time and for some odd reason it didn't do it for me. It lost a tiny bit of Doxa's traditional character IMHO. Very nice watch, but for some reason I decided to keep the 750 instead.

Exactly!

Case: simple

Crystal: simple

Bezel: simple

Movement: ETA

Dial: simple

Hands: no-brainer

Make sure it's orange, has beads of rice, black hands, size it like the 1000T.

I kinda hope they never rep the Doxa Sub, you know they will screw up many of the details and when they get even more popular due to rep exposure, the genuine prices will go crazy keeping mere mortals like myself from being able to afford one :p .

Seriously, the Doxa is a beauty, with great history as well. Only a rep of "super" quality would do.