When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

[Pictorial] My Handmade Straps

Hongkytonkman

HI RWG :)

Okay, I promised some people here last week of taking some photos of my SMP Chrono in the works;

unfortunately I forgot to bring my SMP Chrono with me to my crib where I work on the weekdays :(

But don't bother, I started to make my homemade ; handmade of course, leather straps for my PAM11H.

I had gathered lots of info on handling leather, stiching etc. for this small project aside from my major watch projects.

Aside from the professional strapmakers here, I have noticed there weren't many posts on self-made straps,

so as an amateur, I'd like to give it a go on my work for a start.

When I have some spare time, I'll try to provide some info on how I made this; since I'm also a newbie as well,

some elementary level advise might be helpful for some that are

planning to make straps for themselves, and even for others in the future.

Please note, I am novice in this field, so don't expect OEM quality strap photos :)

This is my second finished product...and you wouldn't want to see the first one LOL

Here we go :)

014-1.jpg

015.jpg

044.jpg

043.jpg

042.jpg

041.jpg

040.jpg

Pics below are the back side of the strap. As this strap was my second attempt of building a strap,

I tried using a stitching groover to scribe the leather where the stiching would be done.

The deep scribe prevents the stitches to lay 'beneath the scribe' rather than 'on the surface' of the leather,

which can lead the thread to irritate the skin, annoying for some people due to friction.

034.jpg

033.jpg

035.jpg

032.jpg

The vintage look of the back side seemed quite nice when I was done with the strap...

So why can't it be the front side? Let's turn around the strap for some vintage taste :)

048.jpg

045.jpg

So, this was my first real looking strap, and it REVERSIBLE :)

HKT