When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Setting The Time On A Pam Automatic 7750

Hello, I have a general question...

On a 7750, according to Rob (The Zigmeisterzumba), "you should only change the time if absolutely required or only as little as possible on these models".

However, I also read that automatics by nature lose ~5-30 seconds a day. With that, how often should you adjust the time on the PAM automatic reps?

I like to keep my watch within ~1 min of accuracy, so that would mean I would have to adjust the time every 3-7 days, and that would damage the watch?

Thanks in advance,

:notworthy:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=2715

Edited by Alan_Schezar

I didn't knew the info that The Zigmeister wrote...I missed it in his reports..

I have the 196...and wear it from time to time...have it already for 9 months (someting less)...and everything works just perfect...when i don't wear it for few day and i decide to wear it...I set the time & the date and voila!...the watch keeps great time...chrono works perfect...

EL posted a topic on the RWG I about the 7750 mvt...you should read it for yourself...it may be of some use to all of you...

LINK : 7750,7753,7750b date,chrono issue

I didn't knew the info that The Zigmeister wrote...I missed it in his reports..

I have the 196...and wear it from time to time...have it already for 9 months (someting less)...and everything works just perfect...when i don't wear it for few day and i decide to wear it...I set the time & the date and voila!...the watch keeps great time...chrono works perfect...

EL posted a topic on the RWG I about the 7750 mvt...you should read it for yourself...it may be of some use to all of you...

LINK : 7750,7753,7750b date,chrono issue

Thanks for the info! But the link appears to be dead...

BTW, which kind of 7750 mvt do you have? The new or the old? Who did you get it from? I was thinking about a PAM 104...

The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

I wouldn't think that setting the time would be damaging to the watch per-se, but it will contribute to the very slight wear to components and some wear to the seals.

When changing the date, although, you must make sure not to do this between 8pm and 1am, best to change after 1am IMO.