When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Official RWG 2009 Pictorial - Historical Calendar

lanikai

OK gang.. Admin gives his Blessings on this project so we need to get started

Some of the veteran members that will be invaluable ..

everyone who responded to the previous "gauging interset" thread

TeeJay .. we hope you get to see this.. because your proffessional talent is needed

We'll need dates from the Admin team as to the start and important events that shaped RWG

So ..

Ubi

Pugs

Bytor

Phaedo

JMT

TMG

Bazz

Tribal

Euno

Coolfire

Shundi

Freddy .. don't think your artistic pics will escape ..

and our members from "Down Under"

if i left anyone out .. excuse me .. I gotta carry my ID with me all the time.. for my sake.. :rolleyes:

Let's get goin we only got a couple of months

First things first as Ubi stated in the other thread.. there are vendors on the web that do Calendars.. anyone care to do the footwork for pricing ??

any thoughts on making this a fund raiser for the Forum ??

any members who can pitch in and help...

Pugs...Teejay ... maybe you guy's can start working on a rough draft format.. something to get us started and something we can tweak and build on..

hope we get a lot of members involved in this.. Let's see the team work and make this happen gang!! :D

I can help out...let me know what you need. I've used MyPublisher and Blurb for books a number of times. Blurb is cheaper generally...but the quality is better with MP. MP also has a 50% off sale on too...that's the only time I use them. Regular price is still 45% off if you have a Costco membership.

Sounds good. Some practical advice based on past experience: with these sorts of things I have found that you have "proof" the photos in the printer's colorspace before submitting the images. They should hopefully provide the PS profile to do this. I've printed photo books before and sRGB just does not map well into these things, and once I had to completely redo one on my dime. FYI!

Anyhow, I'm sure this is going to turn out great and definitely want a copy!

I would like to make a weird suggestion, how about we make this a PDF? We could list a donation amount and send a file out and if someone wanted to get it professionally printed they could do that or they could print it on their own.

The logistics of printing a mess of calendars and then shipping them all over the world does not make sense to me and seems it would drive the price up, in addition to a documented instance of replica watches going to god knows how many customs offices.

I would like to make a weird suggestion, how about we make this a PDF? We could list a donation amount and send a file out and if someone wanted to get it professionally printed they could do that or they could print it on their own.

The logistics of printing a mess of calendars and then shipping them all over the world does not make sense to me and seems it would drive the price up, in addition to a documented instance of replica watches going to god knows how many customs offices.

The shops provide a lot of layouts already for calendars.... just select 12 High quality photos and you are good to go :)

PDF workflow is the answer, regardless of whether or not you want to release it as a PDF publicly.

If you're after the best tools for the job, you need Adobe InDesign. It's the only realistic solution.

Oh, and CMYK images, please. Please, whoever does the final compositing, please ensure you've got a calibrated colourspace.

The shops provide a lot of layouts already for calendars.... just select 12 High quality photos and you are good to go :)

That would not help out the site any. I agree with the fundraising aspect of this, and like Pugwash said it is going to be a PDF anyway, so why not distribute it as such.

@Pugs.. would it be possible to have representatives in various regions accept the PDF and do the printing for their respective "districts"?? in. regions in the US.. and different countries in the EU ?? and Asia and points beyond..

at least that way we have a coordinated plan to get them printed.. avoid shipping and customs hassles.. but be assured of the printed item..instead of everyone trying to get it printed separately..

This was a topic I suggested earlier as I dicussed this with Admin a few months ago.. to save shipping and customs hassles ... do the printing in members own regions seperately but with coordination..this sounds like the best plan .. :D

I would love to have a calendar too.

I think that a PDF is the way to go indeed and yes one person with true InDesign knowlege and CMYK printing tech chart should be choosen.

Pug if you have time, I'm sure you will do a great job and in the various paper sizes.

Indeed. And if he's strapped for time...there sound like there are a few other members here with "the know how" as well which again shows the wealth of knowledge on this forum...crazy!!

Stand by all.. details are being worked out with Admin.. so please if you have any "suggestions" pm me ..

We are leaning toward selling the Calendar and not the PDF ..

There will be others on the team to coordinate this project..

thank you

R