When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Spotted AP ROO on Robert Downey Jr in Ironman

Just spotted an SS AP Roo Rubberclad taking a beating on the wrist of Robert Downey Jr in the opening seens of Ironman....

...Which lends the question....I'm awaiting delivery of an AP ROO Secs at 12 rubberclad ordered from SILIX. I've read on the forum he's QCing them before shipping.

I'm not planning on beating it up....However, as chronographs (w/ five potential points of water entry), does it not make sense to have it Siliconed for WPing to insure a safe splash in the pool and get the 7750 oiled/serviced to hedge bets on the movements longevity? My watch smith has agreed to do this work, but does anyone know if Silix' preship QC means that this it not really neccessary?

Thanks fellas,

Carerra1

Just spotted an SS AP Roo Rubberclad taking a beating on the wrist of Robert Downey Jr in the opening seens of Ironman....

...Which lends the question....I'm awaiting delivery of an AP ROO Secs at 12 rubberclad ordered from SILIX. I've read on the forum he's QCing them before shipping.

I'm not planning on beating it up....However, as chronographs (w/ five potential points of water entry), does it not make sense to have it Siliconed for WPing to insure a safe splash in the pool and get the 7750 oiled/serviced to hedge bets on the movements longevity? My watch smith has agreed to do this work, but does anyone know if Silix' preship QC means that this it not really neccessary?

It's a Bulgari...but anyways.

Do a search on waterproofing for the dealers (I can't remember the proper string), and you'll find that most people say collector statements about waterproofing shouldn't be trusted. Don't take it swimming unless you grease the gaskets and get the watch pressure tested. Some have good luck with theirs...others don't.

Movements A7750's are usually dry and dirty. A cleaning and servicing is a good bet. Do a search on A7750 material...you'll find lots of info.

Welcome aboard...come back and post pics when it arrives.

It's a Bulgari...but anyways.

Do a search on waterproofing for the dealers (I can't remember the proper string), and you'll find that most people say collector statements about waterproofing shouldn't be trusted. Don't take it swimming unless you grease the gaskets and get the watch pressure tested. Some have good luck with theirs...others don't.

Movements A7750's are usually dry and dirty. A cleaning and servicing is a good bet. Do a search on A7750 material...you'll find lots of info.

Welcome aboard...come back and post pics when it arrives.

Thanks guys, duly noted on the 'siting'.

Got it: greased gaskets, pressure testing (divided by 2 = safe splash depth),,,and

get the movement cleaned and serviced. photos coming.

thanks gents,

-Carerra1