When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SA bezel fix idea?

Dizzy

ive heard lots of theorys from glue to wrapping dentelfloss under it, but has anyone tightened their ultimate SA bezel so it feels more like a gen? This is the only fault on mine that bugs me. Bezel is kinda loose. obviously the screws do nothing.. any good ideas?

I found myself in a situation while golfing... Hit a perfect drive and had my bezel fly off... Luckily theclick spring and bezel landed near eachother... I know what you are saying, "why were you wearing a watch and playing golf?" so don't ask...but now it seems to be looser. Would love to find a fix as well

is gen bezel mechanism too complex to replicate? why didnt asians put real screws in it? so frustrating...!

They are looking for the most cost--effective way to do these things. There are probably real screws in it, but possibly glued in since there are low-quality threading/screws in these things.

ok... so apparently i am one o fthe lucky ones that has a SA bezel that comes off easily...

so after further inspection i have to think that it CAN be improved... however, i just eyeballed it really quick...

1. Circular Click Spring.

- if this were made a TINY bit thicker, i think that you could get a substantial "click" hence the material itself being a thicker heavier gauge. However, i am not sure if this would actually work, as i didn't check to see if there was enough clearance for a thicker piece of metal between the bezel and case. i wonder if the same gauge used in the vintage rollie SD models would be sufficient!?!?!