When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard MM GTXXL always stops / dont hold time

geestyleed

Hi guys!

Today I'm wearing my quite new Chopard MM GTXXL - Asia 7750 Movement!

I set the time and made the wath running, but the watch holds the time just for a minute or two..

What can I do in this situation. The watch was lying normal in the watchbox and I havent worn the watch mcuh....

Damn...has anyone a idea?? :(

Wind it 100x the moment you get it - you can't over wind it and the movement needs a period to "break in" with full power - one wind is about 1/2 to 2/3 of a full turn - turn it steadily and in a clock wise direction

remember not to set the date between 7:00 and 2:00 as this can damage the movement

Thanks for your replay - I will try it.

The last times it was running after short "winding".

Unforuntely I havent got eh mechanic winding machine(or however it is called). How to I wind correctly manual?

The watch stopped at 12 p.m. when I wore the watch the last time... but normally I set the time before I set the date...

Mh sry guys for double posting, but i cant edit my last post ..

So now I tried to wind the watch up. But something seems to be broken inside. Something is lying freely in the case - perhaps the flywheel(?) - funny scratching noises from the bottom - I think(it is not the normal sound of a flywheel!)

Depending on how I hold the watch it is working for some seconds. But all the winding up hadnot help - last time the watch went 15 sec.

Mh sry guys for double posting, but i cant edit my last post ..

So now I tried to wind the watch up. But something seems to be broken inside. Something is lying freely in the case - perhaps the flywheel(?) - funny scratching noises from the bottom - I think(it is not the normal sound of a flywheel!)

Depending on how I hold the watch it is working for some seconds. But all the winding up hadnot help - last time the watch went 15 sec.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but it sounds like it's broken - might be a loose rotor or something more serious. Time to contact the dealer you bought it from, I'm afraid.

By the way, the graphic in your signature is excessively wide - how about making it a little smaller (like about half the width), so that we don't have to scroll every page horizontally?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but it sounds like it's broken - might be a loose rotor or something more serious. Time to contact the dealer you bought it from, I'm afraid.

By the way, the graphic in your signature is excessively wide - how about making it a little smaller (like about half the width), so that we don't have to scroll every page horizontally?

Okay! I change my signature this evening.

As long I'm winding the watch works, but as soon as I stop, the watch goes just 15sec as I wrote. Chrono, Time and Dateset workes fine and date change ,too.

Yeah I have already contacted PT - I was about to order a new one, but frist my Choppi has to work :(