When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bezel fell of, what can I do?

edgematic

Hi guys,

About two months ago I bought a UPO, yesterday I came home after going to the town and I suddenly saw that my black bezel insert was missing :s.

I feel quiet sad about it and I'd like to know if you guys have any tips/hints for me. I bought my UPO from Precious Time and I wear it for dayly use...

Should I ask for guarantee, or should I order just an insert and glue it myself? If yes, how should I do this? (loctite?)

I'm still very very happy about the watch, just a shame that this happened...

Here's how it looks:

Afbeelding%20008.jpg

Afbeelding%20007.jpg

Hope you guys can help me, thanks anyway for reading my thread.

Edgematic

Not totally unheard of and the replacement is easy enough to do. You should be able to ask around on the different forums if anyone has a spare bezel, sorry I just gave away my last orange one. Looks like you will need a pearl too. Any of our vendors could also sell you one or if you contact the seller and let him know he may just send you one.

As for the install, pick up a tube of GS Hypo Cement, you will find yourself using it for many of your watch repairs so you should have some on hand anyway.

Good luck, it's really not as bad as it looks.

My worst fear has come true to a fellow user in this forum... I've been fearing this would happen to my SMP too... Missing the insert after finding out it fell off.. I don't want the same thing to happen to mine.. Oh no :mellow:

Damn, I'm really sorry about your bezel insert edgematic. You can get a spare insert from Perfect Clones, email them and ask but I don't think it will have a pearl. Again, ask Josh if it comes with the pearl. I bought 2 spare bezel insert for my SMP from them recently, both were without the pearl. Either way, as a last resort, you can just fix the replacement insert with or without a pearl if you are not into DIY... Then again, it is hardly noticeable without a pearl... right??? Hmmm.. I plan on doing the same if it were to happen to mine too... I'm not a DIY kind of guy.. Hardly noticeable without a pearl.. I think.. Only a dark hole where the pearl will be.. Wonder what other users here will say abt that.. Would it be noticeable without a pearl?

Edited by imranbecks

glue it back in yourself, its simple, if you lost the insert order one off the 'bay.

this is probably the least of fixes you'll have to do to watches you receive over your rep collecting 'career' :p

have fun

Yeah, but the problem is that some of the spare bezel inserts does not come with a pearl... <_<

I just mailed andrew ans josh to ask what's their price. Got mail back from Andrew where he said that it won't be able to order a new pearl :s

How should I solve that problem? Buy a fully new bezel?

Try emailing Andrew again with regards to ordering a new complete bezel, I'm pretty sure he can get you one. The last time I asked another dealer, one had to order the whole works instead of just the pearl or insert. ;)

that happened to the first rep i ever bought ... was trying my hand @ badminton, LoL

Thankfully my cuz saw it fly off & we put it back on

went out for drinks that night and lost it again

Luckily the bar was not packed so we found it again

this time i wrapped it in a napkin and put it in my pocket though :D

i'm pretty sure it came loose during transit coz i still have that watch and it's sitting firmly ever since

FWIW, I find GS Hypo cement to be a very good product to re attatch bezel inserts.

Both the glue, and the ease of use of the needle applicator.

Offshore

thank you pfran42, I sent you a PM.

I'll probably use that kind of GS Hypo cement. I ordered a new bezel from Precious Time, which costs me

• 3 weeks later...

Today I received a pearl from PFran, I'd like to thank him very much for his generosity!

My new bezel insert should be on it's way from the east to Precious Time. (ordered at 1st of november)

My hypo GS cement is also on its way from the UK.

I'll try to make a "how to - pictorial" of the repair. It should be a simple repair, so for the ones who get the same problem in the future it should be helpfull...

kind regards, thanks RWG!