When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quality bezel

BreatheDeep

Took the plunge and ordered a bezel insert off ebay.

Picture on the ad was good but wasnt expecting the same quality.

Boy was i surprised,only flaw i can find is the colour is slightly too dark,pearl is good and well centred and the print looks spot on.

Can anyone see anything i missed?(pearl looks off in the pic but believe me it is spot on centre).

Opinions please

Picture020.jpg

Link to ebay seller

It is this one here.

He sent me a catalogue listing tag,rolex omega and loads of different watch parts from spring bars to bracelets and hands/dials.

Does panerai and genuine rolex parts apparently

Looks good! I plan on getting the insert from that seller at ebay too... Actually I found this seller first and then I found out that Josh at Perfect Clones has the insert at US$28 for 2.. So I got it from him seeing as it was a good deal. But then I regret getting the inserts from Josh in the end as his inserts doesn't come with the pearl.... :angry:

According to the seller at ebay, he states that no glue is required to attach the insert. Is this true? How did you attach yours to the bezel?

Edited by imranbecks

I assume that it is similar to the gen PO insert and will need a significant amount of material sanded off the back before it will fit the rep.

Yep, that's what I also think...

I'm also looking for a new bezel insert + pearl since mine is missing (UPO). If I wouldn't need to sand off the back of this ebay-insert I'd order one...

greetings

What size bezel did you get? Was it the 41mm?

I got the 41mm one and it needed no sanding to fit it,it does press on and holds well but i used glue as well as i didnt want to lose it as it is such a good version.

The hardest part was getting the old one off,needed to remove the whole bezel in the end,bent it slightly getting it off but it is now straight snd works fine.

Only tip i can give you is to glue the back of the pearl as it comes out forward not backwards as the rep inserts.In theory it could fall out forwards if it is knocked but saying that it was secured quite well,just overkill and futureproofing really.

brother....where is the seconds hand?

nice insert btw

I took it off as i found i didnt use it.

No the watch was running and it is a long exposure picture.

It is there i can assure you.

I can see what you mean about the 40 but it is a minute side by side detail,i think the colour is the biggest tell.

I have just ordered the bezel insert from the seller at ebay! Will be at an ease of mind knowing I will have a spare insert in case the one on the watch falls off and I lose it.. I just hope it would never come to that so I won't have to use the spare... ^_^

Edited by imranbecks

Imranbecks,

Did you get your bezel? If so, how was it? I just got mine from the ebay seller and the pearl is way too big and at the bottom of the triangle. Nothing like what was shown in the ebay photo.

I'm sending it back.

Have i just struck lucky with mine?

I hope not because i have just ordered one for my chrono smp.

The one i have for my smp is really stunning,the pictures do not do it justice.

I would push for a good one as i know he has them(mine is the proof for that)

Here's a picture of the pearl on the bezel I got. Hopefully the new one the guy sends me will be more accurate. This looks awful. Not only is the pearl too big and not positioned correctly, it is white and doesn't even glow. It looks like a drop of milk.

DSC02669.jpg

Here's a picture of the pearl on the bezel I got. Hopefully the new one the guy sends me will be more accurate. This looks awful. Not only is the pearl too big and not positioned correctly, it is white and doesn't even glow. It looks like a drop of milk.

DSC02669.jpg

That looks really bad version,my original was better than that one.

I hope you get the same one as me,you will not be dissapointed if you do.

DSC02669.jpg

That's really crap !! I've just ordered one, I hope the one they send me is better than that or it'll be going straight back !! :huh: