When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help required from an Angelus owner...

rmcsherry

This is a long shot... I know most people with Angelus projects have spare (key wound) movements for parts. What I'm looking for is a replacement bridge (the one that usually has Angelus engraving on it), with wide CDG decoration. If anybody would be interested in a trade - either direct trades of bridges, complete key-wound movements (I've got a couple to choose from, including one NOS perfect for parts), or for other hard to source parts for these movements - hands, gears, you name it. Or, I could make you a custom-engraved dial for a vintage project to your design! Any help would be appreciated - the bridge decoration looks similar to this (old photo, not the movement in question!)

IMG_0364.jpg

I've got the non-alarm plate, what I need is the smaller Angelus engraved plate with 3 jewels on it! Frustratingly, I sold a key-winder with the correct decoration a few months ago for virtually nothing ($50 - there's eBay for you!). This is almost exactly what I'm after:

signed.jpg

...these come decorated with wide CDG on the cheaper key-wound clocks (which people use as spares as they can't be installed into watches) - so hopefully we could arrange a trade for a movement like the following one pictured, or I could supply any part you need for your vintage project (including a dial made to your specifications - see example Angelus dial images attached).

untitled.jpg

dials.jpg

IMGP0209.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Somebody? Anybody?! Thanks for the replies so far.

why not a HAND ENGRAVED movement?

so you will never have any problems with the decorations :p

CIMG9339.jpg

CIMG9350.jpg

CIMG9354.jpg

Now you're just showing off! That looks amazing, but I'm looking for the rustic charm of a vintage watch this time round. Maybe when I can afford it, one of the other movements could end up like this?!