When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How much is too much money for a quality rep?

Limited Edition

Hello,

I have an order for the Breitling Super Ocean Heritage Chrono with tswisswatches.com and with the advertised price of $339USD including shipping cost is showing up as $404CND ( I am from Canada) for the watch. I don't understand how there is a differences of 19% exchange rate for this and I can only assume there is some kind of hidden cost behind this. This seems very high for the cost of this swiss watch replica, but I know there are variations with many different dealers. Some dealers can vary as much as much as $100USD give or take for the exact same rep. I feel that I am over paying for this rep, but I am not complaining until I see the final product. We will have to wait and see.

Does anyone have any experience with paying for a watch at the similar price and got exactly what they expected?

Also, how much are most people here spending on a quality rep with a good movement and overall finish?

Thank You

Hello,

I have an order for the Breitling Super Ocean Heritage Chrono with tswisswatches.com and with the advertised price of $339USD including shipping cost is showing up as $404CND ( I am from Canada) for the watch. I don't understand how there is a differences of 19% exchange rate for this and I can only assume there is some kind of hidden cost behind this. This seems very high for the cost of this swiss watch replica, but I know there are variations with many different dealers. Some dealers can vary as much as much as $100USD give or take for the exact same rep. I feel that I am over paying for this rep, but I am not complaining until I see the final product. We will have to wait and see.

Does anyone have any experience with paying for a watch at the similar price and got exactly what they expected?

Also, how much are most people here spending on a quality rep with a good movement and overall finish?

Thank You

I have answered your PM LE,.. that you sent twice.. my schedule does not allow me to answer "immediately at times".... may I suggest as a brand new member you take the time to introduce yourself in the intro section .. and do some studying .

We have a wealth of information on all the reps available .. and watch repair is one of the most informative areas here .. with Ziggy as FROG's "Heart and Soul" ..

your questions are very general and the questions you are asking can be found in all the sections.. but in reality to answer these you need to know what you are looking for .. ie. in brand .. chrono ..

Pick your watch.. then read through some of the reviews.. members spend literally hours daily researching and taking pics.. etc. .. it would be of great value to you to make use of these reviews..

The heritage will be your first purchase.. as I said in my reply to your PM.. the dealers that sourced the genuine are on the RWG dealers list.. and I cannot see others right now having access to the same rep.. you will find cheaper "deals" but beware .. you should of read the "scam dealers" thread first..

Pick your Rep.. then choose a dealer... all it will take on your part is a "little" footwork ... the reviewers have done "their" share of "work"

As to your last question in your PM.. No, the Heritage is not my "first" rep.. I have a few more.. and yes thank you it is a good choice (IMO) .. if you get the one that was made from the genuine as sample..

Good Luck .. and welcome to the best rep forum on the net.. it starts from the "TOP" with Admin and Admins team .. and gets just as good along the way.. there are many dedicated members here..

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

My submariner will have about 1000.00 when my WM9 case gets here..... and I only have a genuine crown on it =(

but its super lumed, and The Zigmeister serviced. i guess i can sell my old mbw case here too to cut some of that down hehe

welcome to rwg, let the wallet emptying begin

Lani has spoken!! He's summed up what you need to know...mainly because he put together an awesome photo set of this watch. If you search around for various scams sites on RWG, you'll find out MANY of the members came here after wasting money on the other sites.

Many sites will offer Breitlings, Rolex, etc as there are many factories I'm sure making them. The issue is, how many sites are offering the higher quality reps? And again...how many offer the higher quality reps at reasonable prices?

The watches sold by collectors here may be had by other sites...but often at prices waaaaay higher...and the watches here cost a lot more than $50 Chinatown specials...but their quality is leagues above. You may have found a site out there that has what you need at the price you want...but if they aren't "represented" here...it's your risk. Even if the collector is represented here...it's still your risk, but at least you have the benefit of collective experience here.

I've seen crappy reps sell for 3-5x the price as some of the reps here (the best example being a Noobmariner vs. replicacenter one).

Use search...experiment with search strings...read read read. If you look at many of the guides, the reason reviewers like myself, By-Tor, SD4K, Pugwash, Lani, Andreww, Chrgod, etc and a HANDFUL of others spend so many hours taking pics, researching, and writing things up is to provide a self service environment that can benefit more people than a single "personal" thread.