When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750: Fixing sticked reversing wheel?

rexon

Is there any way sticked reversing wheel can be 'fixed' without replacing it with new one?

I already tried cleaning in ultrasonic and oiling with 9010 as recommended....

In worst case where can I find the replacement part?

symptoms: manual winding is moving rotor, low power reserve...

Edited by rexon

In worst case where can I find the replacement part?

symptoms: manual winding is moving rotor, low power reserve...

That symptom is typical of a gummed-up auto-wind module. There are 2 additional gears as well as the bearings in the rotor itself.

I would remove & disassemble the module & clean all of the individual parts (including the rotor) in the ultrasonic using a mixture of 1 tablespoon of plain ammonia + 1-2 drops of dish detergent (not dishwasher detergent). Run them through at least 2 complete cycles (10 minutes each). Afterwards, rinse & dry well. Then re lub according to ETA specs & reassemble. That should eliminate the rotor spin during manual winds as well as significantly quiet the rotor during normal (auto) winds.

Should you still need replacement parts, try julesborel.com

That symptom is typical of a gummed-up auto-wind module. There are 2 additional gears as well as the bearings in the rotor itself.

I would remove & disassemble the module & clean all of the individual parts (including the rotor) in the ultrasonic using a mixture of 1 tablespoon of plain ammonia + 1-2 drops of dish detergent (not dishwasher detergent). Run them through at least 2 complete cycles (10 minutes each). Afterwards, rinse & dry well. Then re lub according to ETA specs & reassemble. That should eliminate the rotor spin during manual winds as well as significantly quiet the rotor during normal (auto) winds.

Should you still need replacement parts, try julesborel.com

Usefull tip as always! Your input is appreciated!

Great tips indeed Freddy...way beyond my skill level but interesting to read nonetheless.

As an aside...some users have had success fitting ETA parts into the A7750 movements...others have not. An interesting post on this topic (including reversing gear replacement) can be found here:

A7750 Rotor Spinning Thread