When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replacement "Complication" Movements

Toadtorrent

Ok...so I had this fear of getting a GMT or complication based movement like the Jump Hours because the thought of the movement breaking down and The Zigmeister not working on these movements made me fear "wasting" money on a watch that might soon be a paperweight. The Muller Crazy Hours was an exception as that is just a great watch. I never thought of contacting the collectors directly for replacement movements before. Doh!!

A quick email, and it appears that the 2 collectors I've dealt with most recently were easily able to source the parts. A replacement jump hour is about $30 (not quite a $12 DG2813...but hey...better than a new $100 watch)...and an Asian GMT for a Rolex is $40, and an Asian 2836 with the GMT complication is $100.

I thought this was good to know...so I'm stocking up on some movements. For me...rip and replace...rather than repair. And...with spare movements, I'll have spare parts.

Ok...so I had this fear of getting a GMT or complication based movement like the Jump Hours because the thought of the movement breaking down and Ziggy not working on these movements made me fear "wasting" money on a watch that might soon be a paperweight. The Muller Crazy Hours was an exception as that is just a great watch. I never thought of contacting the collectors directly for replacement movements before. Doh!!

A quick email, and it appears that the 2 collectors I've dealt with most recently were easily able to source the parts. A replacement jump hour is about $30 (not quite a $12 DG2813...but hey...better than a new $100 watch)...and an Asian GMT for a Rolex is $40, and an Asian 2836 with the GMT complication is $100.

I thought this was good to know...so I'm stocking up on some movements. For me...rip and replace...rather than repair. And...with spare movements, I'll have spare parts.

Sounds like a plan :good: