When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO deployment clasp

reprep

Just purchased a ROO Rubberclad from Pure Time....beautiful piece. I replaced the rubber strap with an AP Bands grey alligator strap, but cannot use the deployment clasp on it. Seems the male side of the clasp does not unscrew. It's easy to pry it loose from the rubber strap, but cannot fit it into the alligator strap. Anyone else experience this issue? Thoughts/Suggestions?

Dude, at least you have a clasp to work with. I'm still waiting for my clasp from King, and for now I only have the watch and strap.

You should be able to fit the clasp rod into the AP Bands strap. Joewatch at RepGeek did it with no problem. The first thing to do is to remove the clasp from the rubber strap. To do that, there is a tiny screw you must first unscrew from the clasp. That screw locks in the clasp rod, which has a hourglass pinch in the middle. It's a very, very tiny screw (about 1 mm long). The rod should fit into your AP Bands clasp loop, and you lock it in with the tiny screw.

What is the problem? The rod does not fit into the AP Bands loop? Or are you having problems removing the clasp from the rubber strap in the first place? If possible, please post a picture of what the problem is.

It's as if the tiny screw head that holds the rod in place has been over polished and become part of the clasp....so the screw has no slot area for a screwdriver....even the area between the screw and the screw "hole" have become melded together.

This can happen. You know how the Chinese factories make assemblies. Looks like in this case they stripped the screwhead and then just sand the whole top of the locking screw flat. If this really is the case, nothing can be done. Better to ask for a replacement. Sorry to say that.

Looks like you'll have to get a new clasp. Send Joshua an email and he'll set you up for an AP deployant clasp. He will give you a product number, which is a strap, but don't worry; he uses the product number so you can pay a specified price. The price will be $45 including shipping. You will have to enter in the comments section of the payment link that you are paying for an AP clasp. Contact him by email first, tell him your intentions of buying a clasp, and then he'll set you up for one.

• 4 weeks later...

But the gen. quality is top top notched. It will give you a completely different feeling. I have these experience with all the gen clasps such as PAM, Hublot, Breguet. The rep clasps are no where near to the gen in terms of comfort, feel and quality. Afterall it is a $600 vs $20 product but is well worth it when you actually have it on your wrist.