When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Insert IS best

highoeyazmuhudee

Hm which insert to choose?

Helfands (Florida watch) Pic #1 (looks sharp and crisp but BK doesnt use these)

GENUINE sample pic #2 (perfect of course)

Wholesaleoutlet Pic #3 (what BK uses but i find maybe too bold a font, and i hear the dealer is a [censored])

*ignore the quality of the pearl as this will be replaced anyways.

post-10838-1224735219_thumb.jpg

post-10838-1224735242_thumb.jpg

post-10838-1224735249_thumb.jpg

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

Font on the 16610 bezel has changed over the years. The older font had a more 'boxy' 4. Then around 2005-6, about the time of the noobmariner's debut, Rolex changed the font on the insert and the most noticable difference was the 'triangular' 4.

Look at the inside of the 4- triangular- most recent, boxy= earlier. So you've got new and older Rolex inserts. Depending on your rep, you have to choose the correct font.

Both Helfand's and Wholesaleoutlet's look like the newer font. A WM pearl will help out either, although the Helfands isn't too bad by itself. Jewelryoutlet, I believe has the older font on its insert- it's a sister company to wholesaleoutlet.

A HA!

I have the answer~

I have bought from BOTH sellers. Helflands is just a reseller of wholesale (buys wholesales item then resells it for more go figure). They are both nice inserts and have TERRIBLE pearls.

My recommendation is this. Buy the insert from jewelryoutlet555 (Its like 10 bucks)

Then get the pearl from watchmaterial http://www.watchmaterial.com/viewitem.asp?idProduct=1801

BAM youre set. Get that material pearl relumed... no one can tell the difference :)

hmmm new bezel assembly....that's not very encouraging. how much that set you back? ebay?

what was the problem, was it with that ring that was too thick stopping the insert from snapping in?

im interested to see your finished piece, sounds like its coming along and will be great in the end.

if you're satisfied with the results of your modding and have a good method you should still publish a guide if you have the time, it'd probably be universally helpful.

thanks for all the info thus far