When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blue Pam 120 From Josh

shimside11

I posted this topic awhile ago and got no responses. I wonder if anyone has any info on the PAM 120. 40mm blue dial. It must be either rare or new or unpopular because almost nothing comes up on any search here or on the other boards. All I know is that it had a production run of only 400.

I tried one on at Tourneau in Las Vegas a few weeks ago and couldn't stop thinking about it. Great look and feel, nice colour. I ordered one from Josh yesterday so I will post a review when I get it.

I understand that the 050 is the same thing in black (?)

This is my first Panerai rep, so I really don't know what I'm looking at. From the posts on the 050, it seems to be a very close rep. I know that there are alot of die-hard PAM fans here. Any info at all would be appreciated.

I posted this topic awhile ago and got no responses. I wonder if anyone has any info on the PAM 120. 40mm blue dial. It must be either rare or new or unpopular because almost nothing comes up on any search here or on the other boards. All I know is that it had a production run of only 400.

I tried one on at Tourneau in Las Vegas a few weeks ago and couldn't stop thinking about it. Great look and feel, nice colour. I ordered one from Josh yesterday so I will post a review when I get it.

I understand that the 050 is the same thing in black (?)

This is my first Panerai rep, so I really don't know what I'm looking at. From the posts on the 050, it seems to be a very close rep. I know that there are alot of die-hard PAM fans here. Any info at all would be appreciated.

It is a 119 on leathers and 120 on SS bracelet. Josh has it and it is close. Check out the link for the gen below.

http://www.lacotedesmontres.com/Galerie-No_4092.htm

Thanks. That is a great link - worthy of a bookmark.

I have a suspicion that this may not be the end for me. I've been fighting off the Panerai intrigue for about a year since I first tried on a gen 111. From what I've seen here it sucks you in and you have to keep getting more.

It's been two days since my order. Having a hard time waiting.

It is 22... I am waiting mine for my wife tomorrow...

Ups: The 40 mm rep cases, guards, backs, etc are very very close to OEM. The dial is the right color. The date font boldness looks good.

The downs: The biggest flaw is the the unbrushed dial and undecorated subdial--an instant spot for anyone who knows the OEM. Mineral Glass. Date mag. Expect the brushing to not be as aggressive and well done as the OEM.

Not bad for a $120 rep, but a no go for me. I'd fill my pants if I ever saw an accurate 120 dial in the case/crystal/movement combo they use for the 50/51 though. The blue dial/brushed case PAMS are the most beautiful of all of them.

Held a PAM 49 in my hands, the main differences as mentioned before, are:

- Date Mag - Larger magnification, Bolder font

- Weight. Heavier on Gen.

- Brushed casing finish on the gen of better quality.

Those are the obvious differences I can tell just by holding it in my hands... Date mag being most obvious. The date mag diif. is not as obvious when comparing 44mm reps with gen. The 44mm gen date mag. is significantly larger and bolder than 44mm reps... still a long way to go.